Sign in to follow this  
jenskar

Prepping for 2015 -- What is on your gearing up for U2 Playlist?

Been listening a lot to UF, so I hope some song or two from it will be on the show, Pride perhaps?!

A sort of homecoming?

I would love that.

im making a playlist of one show from every gig U2 has played in boston.

i'll share when its all done.

Sounds great!  My iTunes overwrote most of my old concert playlists but I still have Giant's Stadium 360 in 2009

Breathe

Get on your Boots

Mysterious Ways

Beautiful Day

No Line

Magnificent

Elevation

Still Haven't Found

Unknown Caller

Until the End of the World

Unforgettable Fire

City of Blinding Lights

Vertigo

I'll Go Crazy

Sunday Bloody Sunday

Walk On

One

Where the Streets

Ultraviolet

With or Without You

Moment of Surrender

Love to seem them do Sometimes Can't Make It On Your Own ( for Bob) then Iris (Hold Me Close) (for Bono's mom) and then right into COBL.

Or maybe a mash up of Sleep Like A Baby Tonight/ Wake Up Dead Man

How 'bout The Troubles/Velvet Dress,

New York then California (TINETL) then Miami

Invisible/Lemon!!!!  Let's get crazy boys! 

For me, any song is fair game until they begin rehearsals. That's when I narrow it down. :)

Lots of SOI, Crystal ballroom, Invisible, as well as the older albums (Boy, war) 
I feel we're also gonna get some POP :D

Would loooove some Pop! I was a kid when that tour went around and I had no idea who U2 was (imagine that!). I've since realized what an underrated album it is.

Listened to Rattle and Hum all the way through today.  So many good tunes there.  Really captured the band where they were in that time period.  Would love to hear Silver and Gold played again someday.

They better play Invisible. That can be a real great live song with some good stage show stuff, I think.

Other than the new songs, I've always held POP in high regard. I was glad they brought back Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me. Please or Mofo would make me so happy.

Wild card older songs in my playlist lately are A Sort of Homecoming, Two Hearts Beat As One, Seconds, Acrobat, Dirty Day, Exit, Lady With the Spinning Head, Lemon, North and South of the River, Heartland, Kite, and Daddy's Gonna Pay for Your Crashed Car.

Be bold U2

What I'm doing to get ready for 2015 is this -

1) Play U2 in the car constantly. Driving to work, to the store, etc. it's U2 all the time. Except when my son wants to listen to Kids Place Live on XM. I'm already working on indoctrinating him to the joys of Bono and the guys.

2) While at work, set my Windows media player to play U2 cds in the order of my choosing for a good 10 hours straight, every day.

3) While at home, set my Windows media player to play U2 cds in the order of my choosing while cleaning or doing household chores.

Sound good?

Sign in to follow this