Red zone check in time

frankfroio1

• Subscriber

Hey there.  Obviously, its far too soon for emails to be sent about check in times/location for the Red zone ticket holders but I was wondering if anyone knows what time it will be or for those who have done it in the past, how many hours before the show.  I'm wondering because my hotel check in time is 4pm and I figure it will take at least an hour to make it to the arena after that.  Unlikely, any hotels near the venue will offer early check in since it's next the the Phoenix venue and will likely be sold out from the night before.  Thanks!

• Subscriber

You can show up at any time, even after the concert starts. It's only if you want to stake out a particular spot that you might want to get there early.

Cool.  Thanks for your reply.  I do want to get there in time for the backstage tour draw but other than that I'm not too worried about needing to be right up against the stage.  It seems like a laid back section(s) with only 50 people in each side.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Im thinking people wont hold their spots, the whole point is to be able to have a toilet break and come back easy or get a drink. Seeing as its only 50 each side it wont be packed at all. First time RZ and looking forward to it :)  

• 1 month later...
  • Subscriber

It does seem to defeat the purpose of having an RZ ticket if you then have to get there earlier for the chance to get a tour, no? My whole point of buying RZ was to just drift in right before the show starts, and not queue up all day.

Seems easy enough to sort out the tour info online prior to the show. If they can e-mail us to give us RZ information, they can just as easily draw tour winners from that same queue. Of course, a good chunk of RZ people in NYC won't even get info about the tour, since they are buying their RZ tickets on StubHub, etc.

• Subscriber

I think they like to see the person who gets to go backstage,I don't think they want any one that's had a few beers too many.which is only fair.

And it all depends on the load ins,they might be running late and won't be able to do a backstage tour.

• 2 months later...
  • Subscriber

I received the email from the concierge re the Vancouver show May 14, 2015.  She tells us that doors open at 6:00, draw for backstage tour is at 7:00.  (Show at 7:30)

1st time in the Red Zone!  I can't find anything about queuing up early though and I want to be sure we don't have to be there at crack of dawn to see the band!

(Vertically challenged, so GA is too much of a gamble.)  

Seems from the thread here, that this is why we spent the big bucks, to avoid the long line.  But if someone who has done Red Zone before could confirm, I'll be most grateful.  (Also understanding that this is the first night of the new tour, so things might flow differently than years prior.)

Peace and love!

• Subscriber

It all depends on whether you want a rail spot or not.  If you do, then getting there early (but not as early as regular GA) in the RZ line will be necessary.  If not, probably no big deal to show up whenever.

• Subscriber

Do you pick up tickets for the RZ through the platinum package. Have always just been able to afford a cheap ticket for any of my previous gigs but can afford to splash out a bit more now? not sure how to get RZ ticket when they arrive in Dublin.