#UNFORGETTABLEGIG SOI Vinyl Winners & Free Downloadable E-book

bigwave

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Community Moderator

Great Collection Mich ... I've got pretty much the same ... I just need the Best Of 1980-1990-2000 and the Wide Awake in Europe which are all so expensive... my 12'' and 7'' collection are looking pretty good too ... though I would love a cheap copy of Ordinary Love ... Can't seem to get it here in the UK for less than £50 ... I wont pay stupid prices ... plus its a bit of a hobby to try and find these records ... so like yourself to win this version of SOI is unbelievable ... will fit in just nicely

Best of 1990-2000 was the last one I got.  It took me years to find it and one day it popped up on ebay for a reasonable price  and not from Japan and I grabbed it.  I'll still actually on the lookout for a better copy of Rattle and Hum.  Mine has been well-loved.  Keep searching, I bet you will eventually find them all and for not so bad prices.  I got a copy of U2-3 for $20 last year.  It wasn't one of the first pressings, I think it was the 3rd, but I was still beside myself that I finally found it and for that price.

Congrats on your win also. :)

• Subscriber

MICH, Again...it must be some serious turn table...Would you care posting a picture of it here? Abd perhaps the speakers??

I still have my turntable my parents gave me in 1989 and we are getting new speakers for Christmas.  :-)

• Community Moderator

MICH, Again...it must be some serious turn table...Would you care posting a picture of it here? Abd perhaps the speakers??

I still have my turntable my parents gave me in 1989 and we are getting new speakers for Christmas.  :-)

Maybe after Christmas when I have a little more time on my hands.

• Subscriber

Thing is, that a true collector usually doesn't care prices. :) They went for more than 800€ 2 months ago - way too much for me. (R.R.P. was 19.99$).

A true collector also knows better than to be taken advantage of by scammers who overprice products for their advantage, especially on ebay. 

I consider myself a true collector and this is just a portion of the vinyl I have, and the most I have ever paid for a vinyl was $80.  You will always be able to find it eventually if you practice patience.  You do not have to be at the mercy of the thieves on ebay.

OK, so try to find stickered, numbered U2-3 12" for 80 bucks... No patience will ever help you. Depends always on your priorities and what do you collect.

Edited by khoobo

• Community Moderator

Thing is, that a true collector usually doesn't care prices. :) They went for more than 800€ 2 months ago - way too much for me. (R.R.P. was 19.99$).

A true collector also knows better than to be taken advantage of by scammers who overprice products for their advantage, especially on ebay. 

I consider myself a true collector and this is just a portion of the vinyl I have, and the most I have ever paid for a vinyl was $80.  You will always be able to find it eventually if you practice patience.  You do not have to be at the mercy of the thieves on ebay.

OK, so try to find stickered, numbered U2-3 12" for 80 bucks... No patience will ever help you. Depends always on your priorities and what do you collect.
You are correct, people have their own priorities. My main priorities are my husband and my children. I love U2, I love collecting things related to U2, but I know where my limits are. I have a copy of U2-3 that I paid $25 for. Not stickered, most likely 3rd pressing if I remember correctly. But I'm quite ok with that. And that is why I am very thankful that I won one of these. Looking forward to adding it to my collection.