• Subscriber

I was just thinking while watching A YouTube video of U2 what songs they might be doing setlist wise what are some songs you would like to hear them play or like how many from this new album will they do I Really hope they do Iris from the new album and trouble. Also they HAVE to do Streets anyways just hope you guys tell me what you think!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

I predict that it will be much harder to predict than on previous tours, with the pairs of shows concept meaning that there will almost certainly be two different setlists being used for each pair of shows, and therefore more flexibility for them to include many more songs in total than usual.

I will predict that:-

1. The big hits will not be left out.

2. There will be plenty from SOI and possibly SOE depending on when that appears.

3. There won't be much from NLOTH.

4. Some older songs that featured on 360 (e.g. Unforgettable Fire, City Of Blinding Lights ) will be rested in favour of other older songs not played for a while.

5. Aung San Suu Kyi will show up at some point.

Edited by Bungo

• Subscriber

I'd go along with most of that^^^^. Personally hope Vertigo gets dropped with some other hits like......

Beautiful Day, One, Fly, ISHFWILF, WOWY, Walk On, MW, Pride, COBL...

and instead play well know songs that don't get played as much like......

Running to stand still, One Tree Hill, Discotheque, Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses, A Sort Of Homecoming, 40 and some that have never been played. I think SOI will get heavily played, hopefully get to hear most of that album, would like some off POP but i doubt that and like Bungo said NLOTH probably won't get played either.

• Subscriber

Agree with bungo. but I think nights 1 and 2 will be heavily similar throughout the tour (in the sense that all nights 1 will have same set). expect more surprises to appear between additional nights (3,4)

I was thinking night 1 different from night 2 then night 3 the same as night 1 and night 4 the same as 2, but with a song or 2 different for a small change.

• Subscriber

Right. But nights 1,2 in Montreal will be the same as nights 1,2 in Boston.

But Montreal 1 and Montreal 2 will have nothing to do with each other.

Can't wait to hear more about how these two shows will be different - they surely wont dare to drop the hits? I mean 3/4 of the audience are casual fans  :D

• Subscriber

I've seen the band 10 times, and I've yet to hear my favorite song: 40. I'm just dying to hear it live, but I'm not holding my breath as I'm seeing the first two shows in Vancouver. I expect the boys to go with a new show closer from the new album, at least for one of the two shows, instead of tried and true 40. I'm thinking they'll close with Sleep Like A Baby Tonight. But I hope to see them again on the next go round for NA, where maybe, just maybe, I'll finally get to see 40. Then I can die a happy man.

• Subscriber

I'd go along with most of that^^^^. Personally hope Vertigo gets dropped with some other hits like......

Running to stand still, One Tree Hill, Discotheque, Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses, A Sort Of Homecoming, 40 and some that have never been played. I think SOI will get heavily played, hopefully get to hear most of that album, would like some off POP but i doubt that and like Bungo said NLOTH probably won't get played either.

I'd go along with all the above but add to the songs I'd love to hear: I threw a brick, An CatDubh/Into the heart, So Cruel, Red Hill Mining Town, Hawkmoon269.

• Subscriber

My prediction is the band will play some of the big hits on Night 1 and the others on Night 2, but say Where the Streets Have No Name will be played both nights.  I can't imagine that ever not part of a setlist.

I expect all of the songs from the new record to be played over the 2 nights.

I'm hoping something from both Zooropa & POP will appear. Say 'Dirty Day' and 'Gone'

• Subscriber

I'd go along with all the above but add to the songs I'd love to hear: I threw a brick, An CatDubh/Into the heart, So Cruel, Red Hill Mining Town, Hawkmoon269.

These are all brilliant requests, particularly An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart. "Into the heart... of a child" would go very well with the Innocence theme. I Threw A Brick, not so much, but it's still one of my favorite songs.