Who else has the iTunes "The Complete U2" collection I see no album names any more.

• Subscriber

Hi,

I downloaded this over 10yrs ago from iTunes. Its no longer available for purchase but can be downloaded if its in your purchase history.

I had previously removed it from my library but recently re-downloaded it.

One thing I noticed is that all the albums are simply called "the Complete U2". There are no proper album names any more like there used to be eg. "the Complete U2: Achtung Baby", if you do try to view disc info, it simply bring up disc 1- 64 etc. of 64. A real pain to pull up an album to listen to now.

I logged a support call with Apple and am still awaiting a resolution and have had zero feedback. Has anyone else noticed this problem ? Thanks.

• Subscriber

Hey yew2,

Coincidence - but I was also just doing a clean up of my music files over the last few days and came across this issue.

It is a really poor tagging of music files as over 400 songs show up as the same album - ridiculous.  Also, iTunes is not allowing me to remove the artwork for "The Complete U2" either.

1) I have not contacted Apple but I should - where did you log the support call?

2) Have you noticed that songs are missing too? Check out The Unforgettable Fire - song numbers 5 and 8 are missing from iTunes Cloud so you cannot re-download.

Not sure how much help we will get on this issue from Apple since it is from 2004 but I am glad you brought it up.

Edited by SamSpudz
  • Subscriber

I had the complete u2 and lost it all, computer broke and my ipod got wiped -_- ,,,,so even though i purchased it I've lost it and can't get it back. Apple said I could download the albums though pfft!

Don't lose hope. My U2 IPod died and we no longer had the PC I originally downloaded them on. No help at all from Apple. About 3 years later, I bought an iPad mini. I logged onto iTunes and my entire U2 collection was there! Delighted to say the least. Doesn't make much sense as I've been using a Mac laptop for years and it wasn't there. Don't know if it's worth the expense to buy an iPhone or iPad but maybe it will work for you too.

• Subscriber

It downloads as 256 Kbps tracks. There are 446 in my collection , album names are still not resolved but they did send me the PDF digital booklet for the complete U2 collection.

As I say it's not that I lost the collection , it's that the album names are non-existent.

• Subscriber

Hey yew2,

Coincidence - but I was also just doing a clean up of my music files over the last few days and came across this issue.

It is a really poor tagging of music files as over 400 songs show up as the same album - ridiculous. Also, iTunes is not allowing me to remove the artwork for "The Complete U2" either.

1) I have not contacted Apple but I should - where did you log the support call?

2) Have you noticed that songs are missing too? Check out The Unforgettable Fire - song numbers 5 and 8 are missing from iTunes Cloud so you cannot re-download.

Not sure how much help we will get on this issue from Apple since it is from 2004 but I am glad you brought it up.

• Subscriber

Hey yew2,

Coincidence - but I was also just doing a clean up of my music files over the last few days and came across this issue.

It is a really poor tagging of music files as over 400 songs show up as the same album - ridiculous. Also, iTunes is not allowing me to remove the artwork for "The Complete U2" either.

Hi Sam,

At one time over 200 songs were missing from my PC iTunes account but these seem to have been restored after I recently sync'd my iPhone.

I logged the support call at :

https://discussions.apple.com/welcome

• Subscriber

Latest message from itunes support :

"Shaunna here from the iTunes Store.

I apologize for the delay.

I have not heard anything from the Engineers yet. They may be trying to reach out to the content provider for assistance with it so I am unsure how long it will take to resolve this.

I have sent a followup to ask for an update. As soon as I hear anything from them, I will be sure to email you immediately.

Thanks for your understanding."

So no further still.