Sign in to follow this  
13 Senses

Blocks 114 & 117 O2 Arena London

Hello everyone,

Apologies if this has been discussed before but I could not find anything.

Does anyone know if in the pre-sale or general sale were Blocks 114 and 117 for sale?

Reason I ask I went on the O2 website they stated if there is a end stage (stage at one end of the arena) then blocks 114 & 117 are not for sale as fans would only be able to see the bands equipment.

Did anyone buy in blocks 114 & 117? If you did then its clearly evident that there will be no end stage & U2 will be performing in the middle..

Hi--

Good question--which I don't know the answer to.  But, even if blocks 114 & 117 were for sale, I don't think it would show what you're saying (at least not for sure).  The 02 website will only say what is generally or usually the case.  So, for example, usually when there is an end stage at "horseshoe" arenas like the 02, there's a backdrop behind the stage, so it would make sense to not sell anything behind the stage.  But, when U2 has played arenas in the US before (e.g., on the Vertigo and Elevation tours), they've always had an 'open' end stage (i.e., no backdrop)--where you could see the stage, even from the back (with tickets at a lower cost in these areas).  So there's no reason (or at least no clear reason) to assume that U2 would be playing in the middle, even if 114 & 117 were for sale.

More importantly, there's other pretty much conclusive evidence that U2 will have an end stage, on the other end from the RZs and a b-stage, with a long catwalk down the middle connecting them.  See the San Jose SAP arena's map below (not from TM, from the actual arena--on this map, the main stage on the right, b-stage/RZs on the left.)  Notice that this map is rotated 180 degrees from the (much cruder) TM map (compare the seating section numbers).  Also notice the detail in the SAP arena map--not the kind of thing that the arena would make up.  I called the SAP arena, and they confirmed they had gotten this map directly from U2 production.  Also notice that, even with this end stage setup, there are no seating areas behind the main stage that are "blocked off" (consistent with prior arena tours).  Also notice that there are more lower-level lower-price tix behind the main stage than on the other end (behind the b-stage).  There's no reason for this asymmetrical pricing if the stage were to be in the middle, but makes perfect sense with an end main stage.  And finally, U2 uses the same basic stage setup for their entire tour--it won't be significantly different in the UK.

post-295258-0-34225500-1420051897_thumb.jpg

Edited by mike7man

Sure, you're welcome.  And it's really annoying that there's been a so much uncertainty and confusion about this important matter.  But, I wouldn't really say that the stage diagrams have been different, exactly.  My sense is it's more that the TM diagram (which appears to show a single, narrow stage going the entire length of the floor w/the RZs more toward one side) is really vague and inexact, and it took a lot of digging (and a bit of luck) to finally come upon the way more detailed San Jose SAP diagram.  Also, there's a few others which are consistent with the San Jose SAP map, although not as detailed.  See Amsterdam map below, which is a "horseshoe" similar to the O2--and again we see main stage at the open end, and the RZs on the other (closed) end.  Basically, my point is that no even semi-detailed diagrams have emerged which contradict the SAP map.

Why the TM map isn't more detailed/clearer, beats me.  But hey, these are the same guys that had flat-out wrong info (which was different from venue to venue!) about which tickets were CCE for weeks (finally, they corrected their info to show that only GA and RZ were CCE).  I do think this--it's been really obnoxious for Live Nation or whoever is responsible for these diagrams to not widely distribute clear info/answers about all this.  I've spent hours trying to figure it out myself.  With the help of the SAP map, I think I finally did, but hey, it shouldn't have been unclear to begin with.

post-295258-0-29383300-1420057522_thumb.png

Edited by mike7man

Sign in to follow this