Selling tickets for face value here?

• 4 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

I went ahead and posted a "for sale/trade" listing.  Frankly, this practice should be encouraged.  I'm not scalper and am not interested in making a profit on the sale of my tickets.  Ticketmaster allows re-sales now, but I'm concerned that if I listed them for sale at cost, someone woudl just buy them and then re-list them at a higher price.

By the way, what's the problem with selling GA seats?  I ordered GA seats and received "hard" tickets in the mail from Ticketmaster.  Are these tickets non-transferable?

• Subscriber

I went ahead and posted a "for sale/trade" listing.  Frankly, this practice should be encouraged.  I'm not scalper and am not interested in making a profit on the sale of my tickets.  Ticketmaster allows re-sales now, but I'm concerned that if I listed them for sale at cost, someone woudl just buy them and then re-list them at a higher price.

By the way, what's the problem with selling GA seats?  I ordered GA seats and received "hard" tickets in the mail from Ticketmaster.  Are these tickets non-transferable?

NYC GA tickets should be fine to trade, other venues as far as I know are credit card entry - you have to show the credit card you bought the ticket with when you enter. Anyone?

• Subscriber

I went ahead and posted a "for sale/trade" listing. Frankly, this practice should be encouraged. I'm not scalper and am not interested in making a profit on the sale of my tickets. Ticketmaster allows re-sales now, but I'm concerned that if I listed them for sale at cost, someone woudl just buy them and then re-list them at a higher price.

By the way, what's the problem with selling GA seats? I ordered GA seats and received "hard" tickets in the mail from Ticketmaster. Are these tickets non-transferable?

NYC GA tickets should be fine to trade, other venues as far as I know are credit card entry - you have to show the credit card you bought the ticket with when you enter. Anyone?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

I'm concerned that if I listed them for sale at cost, someone woudl just buy them and then re-list them at a higher price.

I've had this happen before. If you go way under market, someone will definitely do it. Unless a fan actually lucks out, but you can't really control it on there.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Last tour was easy trading on here. This one with CC and ID entry it probably won't happen. Asked when tix went on sale and mods were looking into it but tbh its a mine field this tour.