How long does it take?

• Subscriber

it must be more than 6 weeks now since the tour announcement, when are getting word on the Dublin gigs?, how long does it take to finalise these things, it is very frustrating not knowing, I know I cannot be the only person who feels this way, get on with live nation or whoever is organising it, it's time to get your finger out and give us some info, they must know the dates (time frame) at least even if the venue hasn't been fully organised, stop leaving us waiting in the dark. rant over.

• Subscriber

I feel your frustration as I too am waiting on the Dublin gigs announcement. I'm assuming something has happened to put back the venue arrangements, as I was told the Dublin announcement would happen 'within days' of the tour announcement but, like you say, here we are some 6 weeks later still waiting. 

Not sure whether it has anything to do with Bono's accident, or for some other reason, but the band did say they would be 'special' so let's hope the wait is worth it. They must know that there's a lot of anticipation of this announcement and I am concerned that it's given people time to get hold of other people's pre-sale codes perhaps. 

• Subscriber

Yeah it must be taking a while to get a date set with the venue. I'm still waiting to use my presale code for Dublin. I'm glad I bought Glasgow tickets in the onsale - at the time I thought I was being crazy since Dublin is coming anyway - but now I'm really glad I have that peace of mind. Not that I think they're going to let us down... I fully believe the Dublin date announcement is on its way.

• Subscriber

I have kept my pre sale for Dublin, I got 2 tix for MSG in July so looking forward to that, but I wouldn't care if I had to wait a year for the Dublin gig if only we knew when it was or where it's gonna be. I doubt Bono's fail at trying to pull a wheelie is the reason for the delay as the Dublin gig would (I'm assuming) be the end of the tour, it seems to be taking too long for my liking, venue issues?

No doubt it will be worth the wait, I've yet to be disappointed at a U2 gig, apart from some of the support acts!, lets not go down that road.

• Subscriber

Being very selfish here but I'm not in any hurry for the Dublin gigs to be announced!!

My subscription expires February so I'm planning on letting my membership lapse and rejoining so I can get a new presale code for Dublin.

I had posted earlier looking for advice on using a new subscription presale code, but my interpretation was, the Dublin shows would be part of this leg

(presale codes are only valid for current tour legs and I have already used a code for Glasgow I cant use another) so a new issued presale code could not be used.

Code would be valid for stadium tours in 2015 only if the tickets go on sale during my new subscription package

Haven't missed a Dublin Show since Phoenix Park

Unless the Dublin shows are part of the ''Dream Subscribers Concerts'' and its luck of the draw

This would explain the delay in announcing the concerts

Or  could be barking up the wrong tree

It wont be the first time

LOL

• Subscriber

Being very selfish here but I'm not in any hurry for the Dublin gigs to be announced!!

My subscription expires February so I'm planning on letting my membership lapse and rejoining so I can get a new presale code for Dublin.

I had posted earlier looking for advice on using a new subscription presale code, but my interpretation was, the Dublin shows would be part of this leg

(presale codes are only valid for current tour legs and I have already used a code for Glasgow I cant use another) so a new issued presale code could not be used.

Code would be valid for stadium tours in 2015 only if the tickets go on sale during my new subscription package

Haven't missed a Dublin Show since Phoenix Park

Unless the Dublin shows are part of the ''Dream Subscribers Concerts'' and its luck of the draw

This would explain the delay in announcing the concerts

Or  could be barking up the wrong tree

It wont be the first time

LOL

The Dream Subscribers Concerts have passed me by, what are they? 

• Subscriber

No doubt it will be worth the wait, I've yet to be disappointed at a U2 gig, apart from some of the support acts!, lets not go down that road.

Lucky you! Must say, as much as I love the band, I've been disappointed on 2 of my last 3 gigs - 360 at (new) Wembley and Vertigo at City of Manchester. Both new venues, both awful acoustics / sound. 

• Subscriber

Lucky you! Must say, as much as I love the band, I've been disappointed on 2 of my last 3 gigs - 360 at (new) Wembley and Vertigo at City of Manchester. Both new venues, both awful acoustics / sound. 

Well that's something to remember in the future (no gigs at those venues), I wouldn't expect much from city's council house anyway but you would think they would get the likes of Wembley right, being such a huge venue and no doubt they knew it was going to be used for concerts, unlike the council house. I would hate to leave a gig disappointed, They cost so much one should never feel like that afterwards, I think if I ever seen any band and the sound was bad I would never bother to go see them again, you can't be the only person that noticed so the band / artist must also know and if they are still willing to play at such venues then they are obviously putting the cash before the fans, not good. 

• Subscriber

Well that's something to remember in the future (no gigs at those venues), I wouldn't expect much from city's council house anyway but you would think they would get the likes of Wembley right, being such a huge venue and no doubt they knew it was going to be used for concerts, unlike the council house. I would hate to leave a gig disappointed, They cost so much one should never feel like that afterwards, I think if I ever seen any band and the sound was bad I would never bother to go see them again, you can't be the only person that noticed so the band / artist must also know and if they are still willing to play at such venues then they are obviously putting the cash before the fans, not good. 

Haha, a United fan by any chance?

Yeah if I remember rightly it was a fairly new event at the City of Manchester, in fact not even sure City had taken it over as their home ground at that time - can't recall. A good gig but the sound wasn't particularly good, as I say. Thankfully we saw them again a few days later at Twickenham and it was blinding! Really great sound, really great atmosphere and it was a joy to be there.. Even the mad queue for the tube on the way out didn't dampen spirits too much.

The one that gutted me the most was the Wembley one, for 360. It was my son's first ever gig, the tickets we're around £80 a pop and the sound was terrible. Not sure if that was shared all round the stadium but certainly where we were. The thing with Bono is he likes to talk but you couldn't clearly make out what he was saying, just odd snippets here and there. In fact it wasn't until I got he U22 cd that I knew With or Without You was dedicated to someone.. I was really disappointed, not just for me and the missus but for my lad - I mean, his first gig.

Honestly, Elbow sounded great yet when U2 came on there was distortion in the sound. 

I was so frustrated I wrote to the management - never have done that before - but didn't even get an acknowledgement, let alone any reply. Of course I can't say I'm surprised.

Now this Dublin delay is making me think twice whether or not I want to go. I think if it's an outdoor gig then I possibly won't, which will be gutting as the indoor venues, that I'd have used my pre-sale code for, are all sold out.    

• Subscriber

The fact that they are the biggest band in the world is gonna make it difficult to not play outdoors here, We don't need another Croker and I've just been up to the papal cross in phoenix park to say a few prayers that it won't be held there. Is it gonna be Landsdowne Road ???.

I'm hoping for Vicar Street meself   :o

Maybe, being the kids first gig, he wouldn't realise that the sound was shite and might even enjoy another, where the sound is on the ball, all is not lost.