I just renewed my annual subscription, do I get to buy more NYC tix?!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

Sort of in the same boat

Subscription runs out next week

If I renew I will get a new presale code FOR THE NEXT LEG (2016)

I've already used a presale code in this leg so I cant use another

Planning on letting subscription lapse then rejoining

Looking for a new pre sale code for the Dublin gigs

Dublin would be classed as this leg, so, if you have already used a code, any new code you are issued with, if you continue your subscription unbroken cannot be used

• Subscriber

Feels a bit unfair on subs this time round, really limited in what we can do and the number of tix.

Asterix are you in Experience group (assume you are as you have been a sub a long time)? if you let your sub lapse you may lose your priority group

• Subscriber

Am I right that last time if we renewed we got a new presale code? I am sure I did that for the 2010 dates? Could be wrong though. And of course that was before Live Nation and the rules could have changed now.

• Subscriber

Hi Asterix,

that's a real dilemma for all long-time subscribers, I can understand you very well.

I know from a different (trustworthy!) forum that people had forgotten to renew their membership and when they became aware, they did that one or two days later. So they kind of had a lapse in their subscription. But! when they also kind of renewed their membersphip, they kept their profile and everything as well as they kept their long-time priority group, so somehow, nothing had changed.

Now, as Bigwave said (in a different thread over here, sorry, I'm not familiar with quotations...), this action of letting your subscription lapse and then subscribe anew, would be a possibillty to get a new presale code to use e.g.for the still to be announced Dublin gigs or for other still to be announced gigs. That's how I understood it, when I'm wrong, please correct me!!!

So, when someone decides to let his subscription lapse for the mentioned reasons, would he have to let e.g. one week  pass between subscribing as a new member to make sure he really becomes a new member, getting a new code, but loosing his priority Group, which labels you as a dedicated fan??? I feel, this is a strange thing for long-time fans, as if they kind of have to betray the system just because their renewal date is somehow in-between the timeframes/announcements/leg to come.

Now, Asterix, in case you renewed your subscription in time (year 2015) to let it continue, you, and others around here, would not get new code this year until, maybe at the end of this year, another leg will be announced, and then in 2016 also renewing in time you would get another code for the same leg??? You would then get two times a code (two codes) for the same leg???

Hm, well, I don't know what I shall think about that, to be honest.....

Maybe there can be a more elegant procedure for long-term, loyal and dedicated fans,

we'll see, cheers

funghi

• Subscriber

Am I right that last time if we renewed we got a new presale code? I am sure I did that for the 2010 dates? Could be wrong though. And of course that was before Live Nation and the rules could have changed now.

yup! 2 presale codes for 360 tour when I renewed sub. And wasn't it 4 tix each too?

• Community Moderator

yup! 2 presale codes for 360 tour when I renewed sub. And wasn't it 4 tix each too?

that was then... Remember that these shows are in smaller venues than the 360° ones, so it needs different rules to be as fair as possible...

basically, everything changes... what applied then won't necessary apply now...

• Subscriber

Yeah I know. Just reminiscing as quite a few of us were uncertain, until now, as to whether a new presale code would come thru if we re-sub'd like it did the last time.

Change is good...except when you can't get all the tix you want  ;)

• Community Manager

Hi Asterix,

that's a real dilemma for all long-time subscribers, I can understand you very well.

I know from a different (trustworthy!) forum that people had forgotten to renew their membership and when they became aware, they did that one or two days later. So they kind of had a lapse in their subscription. But! when they also kind of renewed their membersphip, they kept their profile and everything as well as they kept their long-time priority group, so somehow, nothing had changed.

Now, as Bigwave said (in a different thread over here, sorry, I'm not familiar with quotations...), this action of letting your subscription lapse and then subscribe anew, would be a possibillty to get a new presale code to use e.g.for the still to be announced Dublin gigs or for other still to be announced gigs. That's how I understood it, when I'm wrong, please correct me!!!

So, when someone decides to let his subscription lapse for the mentioned reasons, would he have to let e.g. one week  pass between subscribing as a new member to make sure he really becomes a new member, getting a new code, but loosing his priority Group, which labels you as a dedicated fan??? I feel, this is a strange thing for long-time fans, as if they kind of have to betray the system just because their renewal date is somehow in-between the timeframes/announcements/leg to come.

Now, Asterix, in case you renewed your subscription in time (year 2015) to let it continue, you, and others around here, would not get new code this year until, maybe at the end of this year, another leg will be announced, and then in 2016 also renewing in time you would get another code for the same leg??? You would then get two times a code (two codes) for the same leg???

Hm, well, I don't know what I shall think about that, to be honest.....

Maybe there can be a more elegant procedure for long-term, loyal and dedicated fans,

we'll see, cheers

funghi

hi, I don't remember saying that, but thats not how it would work if you let your subs expire for a week, as far as I understand it. You would still show up as having been issued a code in this tour leg period, but then would get a new one if, as and when any new leg / tour was to be announced, and go into the iNNOCENCE group (as the current system stands)...

• Subscriber

I just renewed my subscription which was due to expire in a few weeks. I noticed that my presale code was in my account information section with a line through it, signifying that it had been used. I don't believe an additional presale code will be given out for this leg of the tour, sadly but it would be nice!