I just renewed my annual subscription, do I get to buy more NYC tix?!

jeffwalsh

• Subscriber

Am I being greedy for wanting to see more concerts?

I've always gone to Dublin when U2 tour and the fact we cant trade tickets because ot the CCE means I have to try various means to get Dublin tickets

From what Bigwave says I would have to let my membership lapse and re-register under a different name

Working shifts I was unable to get anywhere near a PC / internet access, to buy during the public sale and based on the interest in the Dublin gigs, I would like to at least have a chance of getting a ticket.

If I have to drop down to the Innocent group then that's a risk I take

The current system is nowhere near helpful to those who pay year after year to support the band

When you look at all the posts of people who had trouble getting tickets even Anj who got well and truly shafted

So my plan would be

1. Let subs lapse

2. Rejoin as Anjana2 or Zhivvy2

3. Get issued with new code for Dublin gigs

This is the long shot bit,

The next leg is a stadium tour, more tickets, better chance of getting GA (compared to current stadiums)

I'm hoping that when the stadium leg is announced it will be roughly a year from now when I resubscribe thus getting a pre sale code

Sad times when we have to concider these options

But its all down to my own greed

I am thinking there is a very good chance we will be given another code if they do a stadium leg.  Am I the only one?  If all else fails so for a single ticket.  I do it all the time and get right up front most of the time for many sold out shows.  Yeah, you are sitting alone but once the show starts it's all good.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

Question: Uk/Ireland resident with a yet to be used pre-sale code (was/is saving it for Dubs). However I am in NYC for the new date 30th July - can I use my pre-sale code for that show instead ? (always have fancied the idea of seeing them somewhere other than Ireland/UK.)

You can use your code for any of the show that have a presale...

please check the dates, times and all the relate info in the tour page...

Thanks.

• Subscriber

I have been a long time paid subscriber, 4 years or so. My membership was set to expire on 1/27/15, and I renewed on 1/25/15. Sorry, but I think its nonsense that you don't get a presale code with each paid renewal. I mean its the biggest draw of paying the $40 fee. I used common sense and thought I'd get another presale code for shows announced in the future (IE the upcoming 7/30/15 show that was just announced). I am thoroughly disappointed and let down that I won't. It just doesn't seem fair to me at all. Its what you are paying for to be a member. Last years membership was finished, I used my presale code, I bought a new membership, I should get a new code. Its that simple. Apparently not ...

• Subscriber

@Bigwave: Sorry, I was wrong. Asterix mentioned his probale option not to resubscribe and wait and then rejoin as a new member. Your answer is directly underneath and by not contradicting I assumed/implied you would've said that( "New subscribers offer 2014/2015 Discussion thread #77 by Asterix).

Also see post #21 by Asterix, this thread,"From what Bigwave says, I would have let my membersip lapse an re-register under a different Name", "The current system is nowhere near helpful to those who pay year after year to support the band" then "Sad times when we have to consider these options".

Bigwave, I know, it's not up to you, we're just addressing these things.

@Max #29 about Option and Organisation...I have indeed saved my code! but we're addressing a bit of a different issue. I mean, it Comes down to the presale codes, but:

- the fact that I can Register multiple times under different personal data and Information to get as many codes as I want in comparison to Long-time Subs is not very nice! One can realy felt betrayed!

- I understand that the number of tickets is limited (as all do I assume....) and therefore need to be a procedure to Limit the ticket availbility bynot giving codes to people who renew for the next, say, five years and get five codes.

It is just this thing, that, when we betray the system we can get as many presale codes as we want in one "leg term". When we are "honest", we just renew our sucscription and get no code for the current paid up year but something else? some book? some Music/mp3 or else. I understand we get new codes for the probable next leg somewhen probably announced at the end of the year (who knows?) and when we renew next year, we probably get another (second?) code for the same leg?

Asterix always says it's because he's greedy about U2 concerts, but I think, it is also about fairness.

Sorry for posting another novel, couldn't get it shorter....

also, correction didn't work properly, some mistakes of capital letters, the System put it this way, sigh...and a lot of other mistakes....I'm not an illiterate.....

Edited by funghi

• Subscriber

I have GA ones (not to be sniffed at I know) but think I with struggle with my dodgy back and won't enjoy so much in pain!

I have dealt with disability and mobility issues for 30 years.  I've gotten very good at this.  I think you are in London?   I'm in the United States.  Here, by law, they have to accommodate anyone with these issues.  I got mobility seats for most shows in Chicago but am gonna try GA for one show.  It is a crap shoot but if I try and if it's not possible I will get a relocate.  They know me now.  I do not consider myself entitled.  It has gotten so much better than it was even five years ago.  I would:  get a letter from your doctor with official letterhead stating you have a bad back or whatever and how that might affect your ability to see the show.  Call the box office and ask generic questions feeling out the situation but not giving them your name unless they offer immediate help, but ask whatever questions you need to ask.  Most likely it will end up that if you are in good shape the day of the show then great but if not you will get a relocate.  You probably know that.  My point:  before the show talk to whomever is in charge of disabled/mobility and let them know your name BEFORE the show in case you need it. The day of the show is so crazy and many people here try to fake it when they see they do not like their seats.  Sad and pathetic. If you've already called and spoken with disability person in box office then you will get a much better response.  Hope this helps and is not a bunch of hot air.  

I want to do GA just once and be up front and feel that bombastic booming in my chest.  I hope you are able to do the same.

Hey thank you for this advice, it's really very helpful, I guess I'm quite shy with these things and don't persist enough but I should. Yes London show.

No one wants to 'play' on debility (well maybe some do but I don't) and I am quite pain-managemented-up as have had this over 20years but I do struggle to stay on my feet/have a day out etc, sometimes I can be ok, other times not, it really depends on the day but the 'what if' worry about it makes me quite anxious, which in itself can make things worse. I'm sure you know.

On 360 I was post op after operations on both my knees, hobbly on the day, took my crutches but I didn't need a wheelchair or so I thought (wrongly), but they were not helpful at all even tho I had phoned and explained in advance. At the door no one listened. There was another lady there in a wheelchair, same op as me, they were dismissive towards her too. I think they thought we were trying it on but we weren't, it was genuine, I desperately needed to sit down a while and rest up, fortunately we'd driven there so I lay down in the back seat of the car a while. My husband got quite agitated and annoyed at them but no one listened. Fortunately I went for seated tickets purely because GA would have been too hard but like you it would be nice to have the GA experience without the pain and all that needs is some 'back up' assistance so when you need to you can just sit down or go to one side if you need to - not much to ask?

Have tried to call venue here, never a reply, have emailed but only get the 'you have purchased and stuck with it/non refundable' type replies tho think I've avoided alluding to any physical debility, maybe I need to this time round tho. Thank you:)

• Subscriber

Hi Max

Was only joking about the suggested name change

There's only one Anjana and Zhivvy and both irreplaceable.   ..LOL:)

In an ideal/perfect/fantasy world, we would get codes for every presale... 

...this is where you can reach me now ha ha ha