Screwed in NYC

jvl2645

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Community Moderator

I'm just saying...on this arena tour, I'm just happy to be in the house with them. But Rhi is right... according to what they are saying, there is no "behind the stage" or "bad seat".

Here's the stage set up:

60389s.gif

• Subscriber

I've been going to U2 shows for almost 35 years before Presale & fan clubs - in that time I've never had to watch a show from behind stage - yet being a member of u2.com for years - Presale means screwing the true fans & putting them behind the stage - what disgrace - never thought I'd say this but it's all about the money

Money is the devil !!!!!  U2 should get back to the fans, less with the money....They have enough money so that several generations of their kids  won't even have to work.......

• Subscriber

Missed the presale due to work commitments and being away from home to finalise plans, so now i'm relying on general release to capture some tickets for this one - ah well, still got the presale for Dubs if all else fails - whats the general feeling on general release for the latest MSG concert - expected to go quickly, or over a a few days on release?

• Subscriber

U2 is not about the money. Do you remember just a few years ago them going in the red for the majority of the 360 tour? They don't have to do ANYTHING for you... not one thing. But they do. And it still goes unappreciated. I'm sure once the concert blows your mind you'll be back to apologize right? 

• Subscriber

It's sorted, fastest fingers first on Tuesday morn - 2 ticks for NYC, keeping presale in tact for Dubs.! CMONNNNNNNNNN!

Good luck tomorrow yardie - hope you get the tickets ok.

• Subscriber

It's sorted, fastest fingers first on Tuesday morn - 2 ticks for NYC, keeping presale in tact for Dubs.! CMONNNNNNNNNN!

Good luck tomorrow yardie - hope you get the tickets ok.

Cheers man. Had a little discussion with the family earlier, just need two ticks for the gig, eldest daughter is happy to amuse her slightly younger brother and sister, whilst mum n dad nip across the road to the wee gig! Here we go....gonna have to get online Tues morning. 

• Subscriber

These are GA but they are behind stage for some reason

Never heard of such a thing... sounds bogus. I've been to lots of U2 shows and lots of MSG shows, and never encountered any such thing at either.

MSG does have a way to divide a GA floor into two sections, but only when there is an end stage or some segregated area closer to the stage. Neither of which seem to be the case here.

• Subscriber

U2 is not about the money. Do you remember just a few years ago them going in the red for the majority of the 360 tour? They don't have to do ANYTHING for you... not one thing. But they do. And it still goes unappreciated. I'm sure once the concert blows your mind you'll be back to apologize right? 

I disagree and feel there is plenty more they could do for their fans and many posts on this website prove that, with this tour alone! So many are in the dark as to what the tour will entail, what other dates will be available, what's the difference between night 1 and 2, if any? I could go on..

Just because a band are good, you've liked them for years and they happen to be (probably) the biggest / best on the planet does not make them immune to criticism and nor should it - it's reasoned criticism that keeps a band on their toes, something I'm pretty sure U2 would agree with. As they've said many times, their audience is an intelligent one who will not hesitate to let them know when the band are getting it wrong. 

The last 2 tours (in the UK) that I have attended have had poor sound quality but big (and expensive) ticket sales and if a band can't get the basic detail of sound right then it's a poor effort. Yes a visual show is great but not at the expense of great sound quality - I didn't buy my first U2 vinyl just to watch it on the turntable did I?

Just saying 'thank you for giving us a great life' doesn't always cut it.