Screwed in NYC

jvl2645

• Subscriber

U2 is not about the money. Do you remember just a few years ago them going in the red for the majority of the 360 tour? They don't have to do ANYTHING for you... not one thing. But they do. And it still goes unappreciated. I'm sure once the concert blows your mind you'll be back to apologize right? 

I disagree and feel there is plenty more they could do for their fans and many posts on this website prove that, with this tour alone! So many are in the dark as to what the tour will entail, what other dates will be available, what's the difference between night 1 and 2, if any? I could go on..

Just because a band are good, you've liked them for years and they happen to be (probably) the biggest / best on the planet does not make them immune to criticism and nor should it - it's reasoned criticism that keeps a band on their toes, something I'm pretty sure U2 would agree with. As they've said many times, their audience is an intelligent one who will not hesitate to let them know when the band are getting it wrong. 

The last 2 tours (in the UK) that I have attended have had poor sound quality but big (and expensive) ticket sales and if a band can't get the basic detail of sound right then it's a poor effort. Yes a visual show is great but not at the expense of great sound quality - I didn't buy my first U2 vinyl just to watch it on the turntable did I?

Just saying 'thank you for giving us a great life' doesn't always cut it. 

I agree with you, man, very well said !!!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

I got GA tickets for Madison Square Garden on July 23, but now my daughter wants me to go on a mission trip to Guatemala the following week.  I can't afford both, and my daughter will be headed off to college right after.  Is it wrong to re-sell my tickets so I can spend a week at an orphanage instead of seeing the show?  WWBD?

• Subscriber

U2 is not about the money. Do you remember just a few years ago them going in the red for the majority of the 360 tour? They don't have to do ANYTHING for you... not one thing. But they do. And it still goes unappreciated. I'm sure once the concert blows your mind you'll be back to apologize right? 

I disagree and feel there is plenty more they could do for their fans and many posts on this website prove that, with this tour alone! So many are in the dark as to what the tour will entail, what other dates will be available, what's the difference between night 1 and 2, if any? I could go on..

Just because a band are good, you've liked them for years and they happen to be (probably) the biggest / best on the planet does not make them immune to criticism and nor should it - it's reasoned criticism that keeps a band on their toes, something I'm pretty sure U2 would agree with. As they've said many times, their audience is an intelligent one who will not hesitate to let them know when the band are getting it wrong. 

The last 2 tours (in the UK) that I have attended have had poor sound quality but big (and expensive) ticket sales and if a band can't get the basic detail of sound right then it's a poor effort. Yes a visual show is great but not at the expense of great sound quality - I didn't buy my first U2 vinyl just to watch it on the turntable did I?

Your argument is based on your experience?

• Subscriber

Your argument is based on your experience?

Yes - as well as what some on here are telling us - why? 

• Subscriber

I have had a great experience at all of the U2 concerts and I've been to a lot. I had a drunk fan in front of me in St. Louis that tried to fight me lol, but no one is to blame. I guess just surprised by some of the opinions.

No one is perfect. I'm sure they've made a mistake here and there. But overall, I think Bono is solid and truly maps out these shows with fans in mind. 

• Subscriber

No I don't think you're missing the point - as it's valid to you - I just guess that everyone is entitled to their own viewpoint, given their thoughts and experiences with the band. I think you're right in that the band try to connect with their audience in mind but I do think that they get it wrong sometimes. 

I don't think we do stadiums very well in this country and it's interesting that the 2 gigs where the sound has been poor have both been recently build stadia - Manchester and Wembley. As I said getting the sound quality right has got to be essential for a band. On 360 they never played Manchester and they're not playing Wembley this time round, although had they been outdoor gigs who knows - perhaps they are aware but they've not acknowledged the fact. 

The U2 machine has grown so huge over the years that you're never going to please everyone. A look on twitter will tell you that there's still some coming out with the same old crap 5 months after SOI has been released - all the 'how do I get U2 off my iTunes' rubbish and the 'are U2 just going to come into my living room and play a gig like they did with my music?' crap! It bugs me.

• Subscriber

Is it wrong to re-sell my tickets so I can spend a week at an orphanage instead of seeing the show?  WWBD?

Define resell. If you mean sell to another fan at face value, then that's fine. It you mean sell at 5X the face value on StubHub, I think you know which option Bono would prefer...

• Subscriber

Is it wrong to re-sell my tickets so I can spend a week at an orphanage instead of seeing the show?  WWBD?

Define resell. If you mean sell to another fan at face value, then that's fine. It you mean sell at 5X the face value on StubHub, I think you know which option Bono would prefer...

I think if Bono is on-board with U2/Live Nation charging fans almost 3 times the price in one city for the same quality of ticket available in another city then he has lost any credibility on the scalping issue.

(Or even worse, almost 3 times the price for show #1 than what the same seat is being sold for show #7 in the SAME city.)