Anyone else feel like a sucker

• Subscriber

I just checked ticketmaster for msg July 30 tickets which a day after presale you can sit anywhere you want. I noticed that section 213 tickets are now on sale for 118. I feel like a sucker after paying 312 a ticket for July 18th. Anyone else?

• Subscriber

Dynamic pricing is pretty common everywhere anymore. I go to a lot of Broadway shows, and sometimes if I buy early and the show becomes a hit, I paid $200 less than everyone around me. If I do the same and it ends up more of a flop, I could have paid $140 more than a lot of people around me. That doesn't mean I was smart in the first example, and stupid in the second one. Sometimes that can even happen over time at the same show.

The way to retain your sanity in these situations is once you buy your ticket, forget about it. The moment you bought the ticket, you accepted the value of the show in that amount. If you're going to future shows, you may learn how pricing has changed since your original purchase, but I usually just average them out in those cases. So, if you pay $120 one time, and $300 another, you are paying about $210 on average to see U2. Which is still worth it..

• Subscriber

I just checked ticketmaster for msg July 30 tickets which a day after presale you can sit anywhere you want. I noticed that section 213 tickets are now on sale for 118. I feel like a sucker after paying 312 a ticket for July 18th. Anyone else?

Yes. 

I realize that in the grand scheme of things that my lessening respect for U2 Inc. means squat, but it is bullshit that it cost people in Toronto $300+ for a comparable ticket that is selling for $118 in NYC.

I just don't see bands that are generally mentioned in the same sentence with "integrity" and "respect for fans" (eg. Pearl Jam, Bruce Springsteen) ever going for this sort of fan-gouging.

• Subscriber

I think you've every right to feel aggrieved about that, although you'll always get those who think the band can do no wrong! 

The communication from the band, surrounding this tour, has been at best very poor and I don't believe all of that can be blamed on Bono's bike accident. It makes me wonder whether it was this bad whilst Paul McGuiness was the band's manager and I don't believe it was - I think it's time for clarity from U2. 

• Subscriber

First thing. I absolutely believe the new management had everything to do with these pricing schemes. ( I do understand that this is a smart business model and why they are doing it) but I think the management just said to live nation just do your thing and we will show up. I think it is lazy on the part of management especially considering the great lengths the band went to keep their fans happy in the past.

I am very excited to spend the 2 nights in Manhattan with my favorite band albeit the fact that I've paid well over 1000 to see them both nights and don't even have at least 1 lower level seat.

• Subscriber

I think the management just said to live nation just do your thing and we will show up.

If that were true, GA wouldn't be $70, though. Most performers charge the same as lower bowl or more for floor seats.

I agree ...pretty much all the standing at the front was aimed for the subscribers ... at a reasonable price ... we all had the chance to buy them with our codes .. no one outside of the subscribers had a chance in hell of getting a GA ticket at any of the shows

• Subscriber

I think the management just said to live nation just do your thing and we will show up.

If that were true, GA wouldn't be $70, though. Most performers charge the same as lower bowl or more for floor seats.

I agree ...pretty much all the standing at the front was aimed for the subscribers ... at a reasonable price ... we all had the chance to buy them with our codes .. no one outside of the subscribers had a chance in hell of getting a GA ticket at any of the shows

Yeah, the GA prices for subbers is a great deal. Well happy with the pricing after seeing stones prices on their last tour at londons o2. I can understand your pissed now that the prices have dropped, happened at Calling Festival  last year,,, i wasn't happy as they went half price near the time of the event.

Edited by utwothefly