Tips for LA virgin!

youarenotimmune

• Subscriber

Hello good people of Los Angeles!

My wife and I will be flying out from the east coast to LA for nights 2 and 3. It'll be our first time in LA, so we're really excited about it!

We're planning on staying around a week so we can take in the LA experience properly. So tips please on what to do and where to stay (we won't have a car, so we'd like to stay somewhere which is within walking distance of the best sightseeing locations). Staying near The Forum is NOT a priority; we're looking to experience LA the best we can.

Thanks in advance for the suggestions!  :)

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

I would like to know as well!!!  Im travelling by myself so im thinking of staying near LAX as seems to be more people around as most hotel reviews around the forum havent been that favourable about being out at night.  Ill probably take taxis as dont really want to drive as its on the wrong side for me!!! but if anyone is keen to drive i dont mind going halves in the rental car!! just an idea

• Subscriber

Hey guys! Let me welcome you fellow U2 fans to Los Angeles! The Forum has a page with nearby hotels: http://www.fabulousforum.com/content/forum/planyourvisit/faq.html

You can also use booking.com or hotels.com and search for hotels using the map around The Forum. Heads up, it's not best to walk around alone at night outside the Forum, so it's best to find another U2 fan to hang out with or use Uber or Lyft to get to the venue from your hotel. 

In terms of what to do in LA? I recommend checking out this site: http://www.discoverlosangeles.com

LA is spread and using public transportation may take planning and a lot of time. I recommend just using Uber or Lyft to get around town.

If I was coming to LA for the first time, I would stay in Mid-city, so I can get to the Forum, DTLA, museums, the beaches, Hollywood, etc.

Enjoy your stay everyone! 

• 1 month later...
  • Subscriber

Hi!   My wife and I are also flying in from the East Coast (Raleigh, NC) on Saturday 5/23 for the concert on Wednesday 5/27.  We also want to do a few other things while there.  So far we are planning on Disneyland on Tuesday and currently trying to find a "nice" hotel closer to Venice Beach.  Any advice is appreciated!  

• Subscriber

Does anyone know about parking options for the Forum?

I see people selling parking vouchers on ebay already -

can you just drive up and pay/park the night of the show ?(not sure why people pre-pay parking)

thanks!

• Subscriber

Parking vouchers on ebay for the Forum?  Really?  I'd ignore that.  Better to check the Forum website or call the Forum and ask them.  I really doubt there is advanced parking being sold, except maybe if there is some sort of VIP parking area.   You should be able to just show up and pay cash, which is what I plan to do.  Even at the Rose Bowl for 360, which had specific prepaid parking passes, you could still just show up and pay cash. 

• Subscriber

Here's a suggested itinerary for the day of your LA concert . Each stop is U2 related. Have fun!  ;) 

MORNING

Grammy Museum (LA Live)

800 West Olympic Blvd @ Figueroa St.

Between Flemmings and The Farm

$13, 11:30am – 7:30pm

Sunday 10 am – 7:30 pm 

LUNCH

Yardhouse (LA Live)

American food. Classic Rock. Beer

Open 11 a.m.  

AFTERNOON 

Loews Hollywood Hotel (where U2 concert VIPs attendees are staying)

1755 N. Highland Ave, 90028 

EARLY EVENING 

Eveleigh (Bono dines there)

8752 West Sunset Blvd, 90069

Brunch: Saturday and Sunday 10am-3pm

Dinner: Sun-Wed 5pm-10pm;

Thurs-Sat 5pm-11pm

Late Night Menu:

Sun-Wed 10pm-11:00pm;

Thurs-Sat 11pm-12:30am 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Hello fellow U2 fans..

Los Angeles resident here.

Forgrings idea of visiting the Grammy Museum is excellent, and LA Live has lots of dinning options. From there also try to make it to the Hollywood walk of Fame, there is lots to see there too.

Accommodations: Somewhere in between the forum and hollywood if you are planning in sightseeing (culver city, santa monica) OR near LAX since the Forum is very close to it (15 min - 20 min by car). BUT please be aware the area where the Forum is located (inglewood) is a little sketchy so be aware, try to stay in groups and walk in groups even if you don't know people, a U2 concert is a good time to make some new friends :-)

Parking day of the show: I've been to a couple of shows at the Forum since the remodel, and you can drive inside ,pay and park with no issues. I was there for Fleetwood mac, show started at 8 pm (no opening act), I was there at the parking structure at 7 pm, not much traffic, I paid $20 if i remember correctly, no hassle. Also there are business around the Forum that will open their parking lots and charge less than the Forum, I don't know how safe your car will be, so just keep that in mind. (fun fact: the company my wife works for provided the paint for the Forum remodel).

Transportation: public transportation will take time and planning like they said above, so uber or lyft might be a good option.

If anybody has any more questions please feel free to send them.

have fun everyone.

See you at the Shows!!!!!!!  :D  :D  :D

Archived