• Subscriber

Is it really that bad to walk around the forum? I've been to LA before numerous times, but I'm not too familiar with that area. I was planning on getting there early - during the day - and paying to park. I'll have a rental car and I'm going to be solo. I was planning on leaving with the crowd and yes a U2 concert is the perfect place to meet new friends!

Also, any good places near there to grab something to eat? 

Great suggestions everyone, Thanks for the tips!

Edited by Shannon387
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

I was planning to stay near the Forum, but I been reading the trip advisor reviews for hotels and motels and in general people say the area is not the best area and not recommended to go out after in the night.

I better stay in a friends house near Venice beach.

• Subscriber

Shannon, Victor.

Inglewood can be a little sketchy specially at night, I used to live there for 5 years never had any issues, but better be safe than sorry, specially if you are out of town and don't know the are really well.

The Forum is on Manchester blvd. so I will say stay away from any hotels(motels) on manchester blvd (specially between prairie ave and airport blvd), If you must stay by the Forum, stay at any hotels on century blvd near LAX or around sepulveda blvd.

Recommendations around the Forum/Inglewood: One of my favorite restaurants is Truxton's, is towards sepulveda, a great american bistro. If you are looking something more low budget try Bravos, is on manchester blvd close to cedar av., they have burgers, breakfast and mexican food (I love their breakfast burritos).  Theres also a Roscoes (chicken + waffles) on manchester off the 405 this palce is always packed, I haven't tried it yet, but I heard is good.

If I remember more I'll let you guys know.

• Subscriber

Just a thought too, if you want to check out an area use google maps or google earth and street view, which can be really helpful, esp if you want to see what a hotel and the area really looks like

I grew up in west LA but it's been many years so I'll defer to those with more recent info!

• Subscriber

I wasn't planning on staying in the area. I'm staying north of there near the beach. I was wondering more along the lines of would I be safe to arrive early say 1 pm-ish and hang out with the U2 crowd waiting to see if the band would stop when they arrive. I think the only wandering I'd be doing would be to and from my rental car. In looking at google maps, it doesn't look like there is much near there in the way of food, so I think I'd be staying basically at the Forum the entire time.

• Subscriber

Shannon, Victor.

Inglewood can be a little sketchy specially at night, I used to live there for 5 years never had any issues, but better be safe than sorry, specially if you are out of town and don't know the are really well.

The Forum is on Manchester blvd. so I will say stay away from any hotels(motels) on manchester blvd (specially between prairie ave and airport blvd), If you must stay by the Forum, stay at any hotels on century blvd near LAX or around sepulveda blvd.

Recommendations around the Forum/Inglewood: One of my favorite restaurants is Truxton's, is towards sepulveda, a great american bistro. If you are looking something more low budget try Bravos, is on manchester blvd close to cedar av., they have burgers, breakfast and mexican food (I love their breakfast burritos).  Theres also a Roscoes (chicken + waffles) on manchester off the 405 this palce is always packed, I haven't tried it yet, but I heard is good.

This is awesome, thanks for the info!

• Subscriber

I wasn't planning on staying in the area. I'm staying north of there near the beach. I was wondering more along the lines of would I be safe to arrive early say 1 pm-ish and hang out with the U2 crowd waiting to see if the band would stop when they arrive. I think the only wandering I'd be doing would be to and from my rental car. In looking at google maps, it doesn't look like there is much near there in the way of food, so I think I'd be staying basically at the Forum the entire time.

You should be ok arriving at 1 pm, fyi the places to eat that I have mentioned are not walking distance from the forum, so you would have to take your car or one of the buses that go down manchester blvd.

• Subscriber

You should be ok arriving at 1 pm, fyi the places to eat that I have mentioned are not walking distance from the forum, so you would have to take your car or one of the buses that go down manchester blvd.

Thank you! I'm google mapping them now! :)

• Subscriber

Shannon, Victor.

Thanks for the info ! Zero

• Subscriber

Made in to LA!! We're gonna cruise around downtown and swing thru Main Street between 5th & 7th to see the million dollar hotel and WTSHNN video rooftop. Then make our way to Malibu. Can't wait for the concert on Wednesday night!!