Sign in to follow this  
adahlem

Seats at U2 2015 Tour

Are there going to be any COMPLETELY obstructed views of the concert on the new tour, or is it just partially obstructed. I've heard it said that the stage will be on one end opposite the red zones but will there be a screen behind the stage?

Seems very unlikely that there will be any completely obstructed seats.  And no matter what the stage design is, U2 never has an "obstucting backdrop" behind them anyway.

Completely obstructed, unlikely. Partially obstructed, who knows, nobody's seen the stage layout. There's a couple of possible stage layouts doing the rounds. One, as you described, & as shown on the San Jose map, is end of stage, with a catwalk, & a b-stage at the opposite end, surrounded by the RZ's. The other shown on the other TM maps, & described by a poster on @U2 forums, is described as in-the-round, with a rectangular stage running most of the length of the arena, with RZ's at one end (& possibly an orchestra at the other end). In both cases people have speculated that there will be a double-sided screen, above the stage, running the length of the arena. If this is the case, the ends of the arena may have restricted views, as they cannot see the screen. Also for arenas with steep seating, like London's O2, the ends of the upper tier may have restricted views of the band, possibly due to the screen, or maybe the PA system.

Interestingly, for MSG, or looks like the lower level end of arena seats at the RZ end are expensive platinum tickets, while those at the other end are labelled with restricted views.

So who knows, it's all conjecture at this stage. Which is a pity, as people are forking out a lot of money for tickets.

As ddarroch mentioned MSG the complete opposite side of the RZ is labeled on the tickets as rear stage which seems really odd this the majority of the stage/catwalk seems to be going in that direction. It's very unclear as to how this will be laid out but based on that it does seem like the band will be on the completely opposite end of the stage as the RZ. I would have thought right in the middle based on this configuration but who knows til we see it

Did anyone else buy a ticket for an MSG show that was labeled "side of stage" after their purchase?  Mine were relabeled 3 or 4 days after purchase.  Would you be willing to file a complaint with the NY State Attorney General?  I've looked at the form and they want to know what kind of relief the filer wants -- I think a discount would be appropriate, to the level of other restricted view ticket prices for that show.

I am tired of logging on to the fan club, trying to determine just how restricted the view might be from my seats after paying $312 for them.   It is very easy to find the link to the form online.

Edited by jenskar

As ddarroch mentioned MSG the complete opposite side of the RZ is labeled on the tickets as rear stage which seems really odd this the majority of the stage/catwalk seems to be going in that direction. It's very unclear as to how this will be laid out but based on that it does seem like the band will be on the completely opposite end of the stage as the RZ. I would have thought right in the middle based on this configuration but who knows til we see it

Larry is supposedly in the middle, based on the stage design that appeared and vanished from the site briefly... maybe he doesn't spin after all? So, maybe it's just a Larry's Rear ticket?! ;-)

I was about to buy tickets for MSG in section 112 and then it stated it was behind the stage, I have no idea how those seats could be behind the stage but it scared me off tor the time being.

I don't know why it is so difficult to just release a proper seating chart so people know what the deal is!

Anyway I am looking for some GA's if anyone has a line on any..

cheers, john

I wonder if they're automatically coded that way because that's the case for concert tix in those sections for standard end-stage setups.

One can only hope.

At least we'll know more once they play the first show.  

Sign in to follow this