has anyone ever attended concerts alone?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Community Moderator

I have not, but I know people who have.  And if I had no one to go with to a U2 show, I definitely would go by myself if that's what it took.

• Subscriber

I go to gigs on my own all the time. It's not so bad - you don't have to worry about looking after anyone else, and you can make friends in the audience!

So true!!!

My closest friends absolutely no U2 fans so Im used to go alone but I always have a really nice time! Im there for the music!

• Subscriber

I am pretty sure I am going alone to must of the Chicago shows. I have never done this before. I usually buy tickets for my sisters or others and they do with me but this time - not. U am planning on meeting fans I met on Twitter and fb other than that I am solo and a little nervous..

• Subscriber

I've seen a bunch of shows on my own, including U2 several times - I did solo treks from the NYC area in 2011 to catch them in New Jersey, Philadelphia and Pittsburgh in 2011.  At the end of the day, I'd rather go than not go.  I have some friends and family that like U2 and I can usually get someone to go with me to at least one show, but I'm one of those crazy fans that tries to go to every performance when they play multiple times in my city.  I can't get my friends to commit to seven shows this summer, so right now I've got plans to see two of them with people, and five on my own.  I've done that kind of split the last couple times they toured as well.

I have to say, U2 audiences have been the best crowds to hang out with when you're going alone (second only to Springsteen in that regard).  I had GA tickets for some of the shows I went to, and the people on the GA lines with me were always nice, polite, kind and up for some good conversation and/or trivia.  Everyone was really generous about sharing food and beverage supplies and holding your spot online if you needed to run to the bathroom or grab a snack.  So if you're going alone to a show where you have GA tickets, there's a really good chance you'll get to spend the day hanging out with some cool people.

• Subscriber

For the last three tours, I have seen them at least once with my brother (in the Bay area or LA area) and once by myself.  Heck, I think I saw them like 8 times in 3 states for ATYCLB. 

Have RedZone tix for my brother and me (!!!!) for the Wednesday show in LA and then a seat by myself for the Saturday show.  Works out good, cause I will be really pumped at the first show (come on-- RedZone!!) and probably not be able to just savor the music and then on Saturday I can just immerse myself....  It is SO hard to stop myself from getting tickets for all the shows, though! While I enjoy my brother's company, going by myself is a more personal experience and I can get my uber-fan geekdom on.   :wub:

• Subscriber

ive been to plenty of concerts by myself.  :) Its great as you can dance away and have a great time.  Im going to these ones by myself as well as my sister pulled out of our holiday to the USA!!!  So if you see me in Vancouver, San Jose, Phoenix and LA say hello to a friendly kiwi ;)

• Subscriber

just wondering.  I have before (but not U2 - this is my first U2 show!!).  Going solo for the MSG show in July.

yes, plenty. sometimes it's better because the only person you have to concern yourself about is yourself.

Radiohead, Pantera, MetallicA, Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, Dream Theater, Pearl Jam, Roger Waters (saw him twice, once alone)

David Bowie (saw him twice, once alone), Black Label Society, G3 (Satch, Vai, Petrucci), Roger Waters in 2007 (forgot about that one almost)

don't worry/fear about going to a concert alone. I read stuff like "I don't want to go by myself or my friends aren't intersted"

so stuff your friends! you'd rather miss the concert??