Latest news from social media

Rhi_K

• Subscriber

I've noticed an awful lot of news and points of interest filter through social media and other U2 fan pages that don't always get mentioned here.
I know there are some Zootops who do not engage in other community sites, so I thought I'd set up this thread to share these, anyone can contribute and comment so please feel free to share any news, articles etc that you think may be of interest to fans.
I know that this whole section is for this, but starting a whole new thread each time we get something that's just an interesting read and will not generate lots of conversation clogs up the forum, I thought this was a bit more practical.

Please share links to articles where possible to ensure we are crediting correctly

EDIT: If you wish to share something relating to the tour that might be considered a spoiler (the recent rehearsal clips for example) please use the spoiler tag out of consideration for those who do not wish to see it, this will hide the comment/link and can be opened by those who wish to see it, thanks :)

Edited by Rhi_K

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

"A NEVER-BEFORE-AIRED interview that the late DJ Tony Fenton recently carried out with U2′s Bono is due to be broadcast.

Fenton, a much loved and recognised voice on the airwaves since the 1980s, was still working for his listeners almost up until his untimely death this week at the age of 53.

Although he had been battling cancer for the past four years, he had continued to stay in touch with his Today FM role. It emerged yesterday that he had recorded an extensive and intimate interview with rock star Bono in the U2 frontman’s Killiney home.

In the interview, Bono is heard crediting Fenton with championing Irish music and for being a voice relied on by the nation over three decades. He told Fenton:

You have been more consistent for the Irish public than U2.

Today FM’s Ian Dempsey, a friend of Fenton’s since their pirate radio days, made the announcement yesterday and said that the station would be broadcasting the full interview in the next few weeks."

Link to full article here  http://www.thejournal.ie/tony-fenton-final-interview-bono-1991227-Mar2015/

Edited by Rhi_K

• Subscriber

"Fashion label head Ali Hewson has revealed husband Bono is "doing great" and looking forward to getting back on stage.

"He's doing great, he really is. He's got another six weeks left until the first date in May, so he's very excited - he'll be ready," said Ali, as they plan to join him on U2's Songs of Innocence World Tour in May."

Link to full article here 
http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/music/ali-hewson-reveals-bono-is-set-for-stage-return-in-may-31065617.html

• Subscriber

"Fashion label head Ali Hewson has revealed husband Bono is "doing great" and looking forward to getting back on stage.

"He's doing great, he really is. He's got another six weeks left until the first date in May, so he's very excited - he'll be ready," said Ali, as they plan to join him on U2's Songs of Innocence World Tour in May."

Link to full article here http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/music/ali-hewson-reveals-bono-is-set-for-stage-return-in-may-31065617.html

Thank you SO MUCH for this Rhi!!!  :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...