Why the delay announcung Dublin dates (MERGED)

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

"Special shows are being planned for Dublin for the end of next year to benefit the U2-initiated Music Generation project and details will follow once they are finalised." 

I guess they just haven't fully sorted it yet.

• Subscriber

The pessimist in me thinks that if it was going to hapoen for this leg they wouldve already announced something. I kinda think maybe they are waiting for other album before adding more cities including Dublin. Hope they announce something soon tho!

• Subscriber

Hmm.  I'd still bet, though, that the Dublin dates will still be added for late 2015.  My guess is that removing the "further dates to be confirmed" language applies to the "standard" US & Europe tour.

• Subscriber

U2 has take off the info on tour's page that further dates would be confirmed.

Really? I thought Dublin was nailed on for this year and so did most people i know on FB. I thought i read it would be announced shortly...

• Subscriber

As I recall, it's been a couple of months (maybe more) since there was any specific word from the band/on this website about the Dublin dates.  It did sound then, however, like it was basically certain that it would happen/be announced/etc.  Perhaps it's a bit surprising that they haven't been announced yet, but as I mentioned above, I wouldn't read too much into the recent removal of the "further dates to be confirmed" language on the tour page.  I'd be very surprised if they don't happen in late 2015.

• Subscriber

I can't help but feel the band are going to release songs of experience by surprise (without the Apple fanfare this time) and the Dublin dates will follow soon after. It will surely be linked in with the innocence/experience tour? No.

• Subscriber

Feels like 2 fingers to the home fans to me, not best impressed.

Can't understand why you would feel like that, but hey! each to their own as we say. I don't really care when they announce them, just glad I've kept my pre-sale for when they do.

Personally speaking - all in good time.

Archived