Why the delay announcung Dublin dates (MERGED)

• Subscriber

Famous last words, but my sense is that the Dublin shows will still happen in late 2015, people will be able to use their (reinstated) codes, etc.  It's totally bizarre that these codes have (apparently temporarily) disappeared, though--no question.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

If/when the announcement of the Dublin dates is made it has the potential to be a PR minefield for U2.  The naysayers will be gathering and chomping at the bit to comment on anything from ticket prices, proximity to Christmas, insufficient dates, lack of tickets for Irish fans, hotel prices, the free download (again) etc etc.  Maybe just ,maybe this is part of the reason for the delay in announcing dates. They may even be putting in place measures to make tickets only available to purchase in Ireland which of course would lead to more complaints.  

• Subscriber

Let's face facts - the band and management have handled the announcement of this tour badly. I don't much care what the outside media say, nor those people that 'still can't get rid of this U2 album from my iPhone', but I do think that U2 fans - some new, some of many years standing - are disappointed with how this has all been handled. Yes there's the fact of Bono's accident but that doesn't stop announcements being made, of any shows. It bothers me that people are buying tickets for a 2-night show that very little is known about. 

As the band have said for many years, the U2 audience is an intelligent one and many will probably not be fooled again! 

Edited by markrice