Why the delay announcung Dublin dates (MERGED)

• Subscriber

The show's not going to be in the round.  See the new NYT article.  Also, there are lots of other European "horseshoe" arenas.  All this strongly suggests that the San Jose map is correct--with a main stage at one end, b-stage at the other w/the RZs next to it, long walkway down the middle.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

We need an official announcement..and the presale codes back :D

I'm just wondering whether they will use the pre-sale codes, although I'd be mighty disappointed if not. Reading about these gigs I'm wondering if they're forming part of this tour or wether they're just to showcase U2's Music Generation scheme, where those benefitting are said to be contributing to the show - although it doesn't say in what way, I'm guessing either before or during. If it's the latter then it wouldn't surprise me if they just went on sale without the need for codes. 

The reason I say this is that this is an interview that was given before Tony Fenton died, in March, and the pre-sale codes were taken down after that date, when it would seem bizarre to do so knowing they'd be announcing more shows on the tour. 

I hope not but if that was the case then standby for a number of unhappy punters! 

• Subscriber

No way the presale codes won't be back.  This was repeatedly promised on this site.  Still seems stupid that they were removed at all, but I just can't see them not being back.

• Subscriber

In the audio clip Bono says 2 shows will be for music generation so at least one should be considered "regular" tour but as BW said let's wait for Monday