I can't stop loving Fez-Being Born and NLOTH! Can you?

lionwehr240579

• Subscriber

I love this song so much! Sometimes I even wonder if it's not my favorite U2 song... I love the lyrics, I love the sound of Edge's guitar and Larry's drums and the song reminds me of UF... And I think the whole album is highly underrated; I love it. Songs like NLOTH, Unknown Caller, Moment of Surrender, Breathe, Stand up Comedy, Get on Your Boots, White as Snow and Cedars of Lebanon are actually great songs!

What about you? What do you think? And what do you think of NLOTH?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

I love this song so much! Sometimes I even wonder if it's not my favorite U2 song... I love the lyrics, I love the sound of Edge's guitar and Larry's drums and the song reminds me of UF... And I think the whole album is highly underrated; I love it. Songs like NLOTH, Unknown Caller, Moment of Surrender, Breathe, Stand up Comedy, Get on Your Boots, White as Snow and Cedars of Lebanon are actually great songs!

What about you? What do you think? And what do you think of NLOTH?

YeS !!! And I LOVE the whole album, including Magnificent...I know you said you don't like it....Just YOUR opinion !!!

I love this album !!! No fancy review from me !!! But you already knew that...

Oh and 5 stars !!!!

• Subscriber

OK...I found one of my old reviews...Can't remember where the others have gone but it doesn't matter right now !!!

February 2014...

Note: I meant to post this on the 2nd of March but the inspiration arrived earlier !

Motto :

2nd of march, nine O five, Door-Bell rings, U2 at the door says if I want to listen to their new album a bit later...There’s a few things I need you to know..three...thousand !!! Coming from a long line of disappointed U2-Fans on my Mother’s Side...I wasn’t gonna by just any U2 record ! So why would I invite a completely strange sound into my home ? Would you ?

Five years ago today, we were at a pregnancy interval away until reaching the date that marked 5 years since U2's last Album release on the 22nd of November 2004. I was very busy with college but U2 was going to get me through like they always did !

I was waiting for U2's new album, titled "No Lined on the Horizon"  to be released, I knew they worked on it in Fez, I knew it will contain a song that was inspired by Led-Zep, I had just found out Edge delivered one of his best solos ever through a Dallas Schoo interview; news were also stating the album will be featuring a mesmerizing  Seven and a Half minutes long track !!!! WOW !!!

By the time my "No Line..." Box Set Edition copy had arrived at my local record store, I already enjoyed 4 songs from the upcoming album by watching U2's David Letterman performance on YouTube : Get On Your Boots, Magnificent, Breathe and Crazy Tonight !

I Was excited !!!! I loved all of the songs I had heard ! Until my Box Set arrived, I bought 4 normal copies (one for me and 3 for my freinds), I just couldn't wait !!!

By the middle of March, I had finally bought “No Line”- The Box Set Edition. I listened to the album, I tasted the hardBack Book, the Artwork, I watched the anton Corbijn-directed-film: “Linear”; I fell in love with the blonde girl at the bar on magnificent, I traveled through Europe to Africa, I was pleasantly surprised by Winter, Smashing Track !!! I LOVED every bit of it ! Period !

In june 2010 I bought Rose Bowl : the Box Set Edition and the energy kept spiralling  higher and higher !!!

In 2011, once Achtung Baby got the Uber-treatment, I concentrated on that, since it’s my favourite album and I drifted away from No Line on the Horizon, I began to think it is Over-Produced and to think some tracks could have ended a lot better...In 2012 and 2013 I barely listened to it at all but this year, the feeling I had about it in 2009 came back !!! I still hope that Magnificent (With that long Edge Solo on it) will be released as a B-Side or rarity in the future, of course but even if that doesn’t happen I  will still think this album is Fucking Awesome !!

I don’t care it didn’t sell as well as U2 wanted, U2 did not & must not mold their style after any new audiences’ preferences. U2, like Art itself, had never compromised and must never do so ! It is U2 who have always educated new fanbases by showing them what's cool and good for them to listen (U2, of course), they even have that quality of drawing in people who don't like music at all. No Line meets all these standards, they did the best they could !

I heard  two men having a heated conversation on the hallway at work, one was saying to the other : " That's capitalism for you ! If your merchandise does not sell, it's no good ! So what if I make the most beautiful Whips in the country, the greatest work of art, if nobody buys it, it's no use, everything is merchandise !!!" this kind of thinking is getting U2 down !!! They must never be driven by that ! Would we have ever enjoyed Van-Gogh's paintings if he would have thought like that ? Of course not ! It's true he only sold one painting during his lifetime but it was because people were stupid and obtuse not because his works were not beautiful, au contraire !!! Van Gogh had guts, he did not let the art die, he didn't kill the beauty in the world (especially nature), he made it even greater...Just watch that scene in the Akira Kurosawa film - Dreams  !!!

“No Line on the Horizon” is a combination between uncertain feelings, colours & African Landscapes: Desert Dunes Kissing the Narrow Walls of Crowded Fez Corridors, Palm-Bursting Riads and sensual Belly Dancers....

Now Crank it in, press play and Shut Up while it plays so you can let your mind be free and your Imagination run wild !!!

PS !!!  (2nd of March Edit !) On Magnificent, in the second sequence of verses, along with the Edge's main guitar-line, there is another subtle effect which resembles, in my opinion, the desert dune-sand being swept away by the wind...I don't know how to better explain it !

Edited by pain_18_

• Subscriber

And of course I LOVE FEZ !!!! Being Born !!!!!!

Did I mention I stole back one of the Nolth CDS I gave to someone in early 2009??? Yeah they didn't like it and I couldn't accept that !!!!!! :angry:

Interestingly enough...This stolen CD has the best sound quality of them all (meaning out of the 'honest' cds).... :D

Edited by pain_18_