Windmill Lane

Rejoice70

• Subscriber

I've just come back from Dublin. On Sunday at midday I visited Windmill Lane. I wasn't aware it was the last day for the building that hosted the studios. On monday morning they demolished it even if it was a bank holiday in Ireland . I did some pictures luckily on Sunday just some hours before the demolition. Great place where I breathed U2 , even if it was hardly to find writings dedicated to them in the walls. Old writings were replaced by new generation artists graffiti that maybe do not even know what happened in the past in that place. Some minutes later I was anyway in Hanover Quay where you could feel more the U 2 presence in the air. Some Belgian and Spanish fans were there too.

Rejoice70

Italy

• 4 weeks later...

Its a shame we lose so much architecture and the memories are all we're left with. The area where my Dad last worked is being leveled and the ball park where I grew up going with my brother is gone. The only constant is change I guess.