GA line up question for Vancouver shows

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

It looked like lots of people will opt not to be on the rail.  Instead of being close to the band for a portion of the concert and far away for the rest, you can walk around and be 8 yards away the whole night.  No need to line up all day.

Edited by tingly
  • Subscriber

I really don't think it's necessary to line up all day like that. Doors open 7.30pm. that's plenty of time to go in, grab a drink and find a spot. there'll be natural movement around, I know i'll be wanting to check out the stage from different angles and just enjoy the experience. I really hope that I don't encounter people like I did on 360 that didn't understand general admission means there are no reserved places on the floor. so if someone comes along and stands beside you they are entitled to do that, they have paid their money same as anyone.

Actually, what you're saying does not accord with "GA protocol", in my opinion.  Especially for the better spots, it's generally understood that you're entitled to the spot you've staked out--especially since people wait for long periods to get those spots.  If there's room to go stand beside somebody, sure, that's fine.  But, on some occasions I've seen obnoxious GA-ers clearly push in front of people (and/or crowd right up against them) in a disrespectful fashion, which is definitely not OK.  And in GA, as you get closer to prime areas, there is definitely NOT room to "go stand beside somebody"--it's already quite crowded from people who have waited for hours to get where they are.  And latecomers are not entitled to bulldoze their way into those spots--that's what getting there earlier is for, no?

Edited by mike7man
  • 4 weeks later...

They wristband you and scan your card before you enter the building. It's not like opening night where it was a much more chaotic mess of getting scanned, then wristbanded after you enter 1 of 6 doors.

They still managed to cause chaos the second night because they still put N & S ticketholders together in 6 rows outside the doors. So when the doors opened N people had to go through gate 109 and S had to go through 112. BUT because they were lumped together on ALL 6 doors there was unparalleled collisions as N tried to go to the right and S tried to go left.

I gave Guy Oseary an earful when I saw him making his rounds below the catwalk. I told him it's a mess, they need to get this sorted out for people in San Jose. He said he'd make sure this wouldn't happen again.

Apparently it still happens...

Edited by Sigma957