Sign in to follow this  
u2sparky

hot house flowers support act?

just got this in my email:

Brace yourselves! Legendary Irish rock band Hothouse Flowers are playing three shows at Brooklyn Bowl London on 24, 25 and 26 October

The band's three shows will coincide with the six-night U2 residency at The O2. Be sure to take advantage of this rare London appearance by Hothouse Flowers as they perform a headline show on Saturday as well as U2 pre-show sets on Sunday and Monday. 

Yes, very good news................... but I'm not going to London :(

This kinda tricked me too, as I didn't read that email from AXS properly. I was a bit confused, but it's a false alarm I think.

Brooklyn Bowl is under the Dome, but outside the O2 arena. It's a 10-pin bowling venue, restaurant, & has live music on occasions. So Hothouse Flowers will be performing near U2, under the dome, but in a different venue to U2. So they are in no way supporting U2. Hothouse Flower shows are on 24th, 25, & 26th October, so will coincide with London 1 & 2. Tickets £17, doors 16:00, show 17:30, so could be a good old school warm up for U2 fans with seats for those nights.

Bit of a sneeky email if you ask me. But good luck to them, I liked Hothouse Flowers back in the day, & saw them live once, in Sydney. But I'm hoping for a different old school band. A band I REALLY liked back in the day, & a band I've never seen live. Bring on Simple Minds! They've also got their own arena shows at The O2 & Glasgow's Hydro, only a week after U2. So backing U2 in the same venue that they'll be headlining in would be a good warm up for them.

Or maybe no opener, which looks like a distinct possibility.

Edited by ddarroch

Correct. I saw the strarting times later on and came to the same conclusions. And the Simple Minds is not a bad idea

Let's compromise :) How about a young up 'n comer for the innocence shows & an old school band for the experience shows (if the separate nights are based on themes, or vice versa if they are based on the age of the songs in U2's set).

Sign in to follow this