• Subscriber

I know probably not but just giving it a try- have now decided to fly to Chicago. Had planned to wait until they come back and hopefully tour my part of US (Atlanta?). Anyway, now have decided to come and bring my daughter while we jointly celebrate my 50th and her 21st. Would anyway have 2 GA/Floor tickets to sell? Kicking myself now as I could have done presale but was trying to wait until they came to a reasonable driving distance. Thanks for any help/suggestions!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

You can never predict these things, since it is a supply and demand issue. I buy/sell tickets on there all the time, and there is never a right answer. Sometimes there are too many tickets and the day of the show becomes a massive fire sale, and then other times, leading up to the show, inventory begins to disappear and prices start to rise. All I would advise, from personal experience, is that once you commit and buy tickets, stop looking. Don't see if more tickets are released at cost. Don't see if you got a good deal by going back and watching how things turn out, etc. At the end of the day, at a moment in time, you decided seeing U2 was worth a specific dollar amount, you paid it, and you're going... let the rest go and enjoy yourself.

This.

Its all personal preference, market demand and how willing you are to "deal" with a transaction last minute.  This tour on a whole is an easy Stub Hub transaction inmo with the exception of the usual cities, ie NYC, Beantown, etc..(even they are reasonable).  I've made out huge waiting last minute for VERY high demand events, this isn't one of em. I was just out there and the "get in"  prices in most market is ridiculous, like 1/3 face.  I'd wait, even if you didn't use Stub Hub, it'll be simple getting them off the street...Again, it really focuses around your own comfort and convenience level..GL    

• Subscriber

All I would advise, from personal experience, is that once you commit and buy tickets, stop looking. Don't see if more tickets are released at cost. Don't see if you got a good deal by going back and watching how things turn out, etc. At the end of the day, at a moment in time, you decided seeing U2 was worth a specific dollar amount, you paid it, and you're going... let the rest go and enjoy yourself.

I think that is the best advice!  I know I've been guilty for other shows in the past (U2 and other bands, mostly other bands) of buying a ticket, whether it was a Ticketmaster official seat or a resale seat, been very excited leading up to the show, and then checked the day before and discovered there was something better and/or cheaper now available that wasn't before.  It took me a while to learn to stop checking and just go with it.

If I had to guess, I think there may be some of the most expensive priced tickets available on Stubhub for less than face value for some shows, but it'll still be more than the cheaper tickets at face were.  Scalpers probably won't be able to make a ton of money on tickets that are already priced at $300, especially for the middle or upper level seats that were sold at the highest price.  I think the money for the scalpers will be turning the $50 and $100 tickets into $200 tickets.  My guess, and it's only a guess, is that the stubhub prices will start to change once the tour has begun and people have more information about the shows.  If the setlist for both nights in a single venue is similar as opposed to the two different nights as originally talked about, maybe some people will want to sell those second night tickets that they bought if they find out it's not as different as they had hoped.  On the other hand, if the show gets incredible reviews and a lot of buzz (I know we're all hugely excited for this, but how much notice is the casual music fan taking right now?), that might increase demand among people who either hadn't heard about the tour when it went onsale or who now realize they can't miss it.

If it was a show I didn't have tickets to but really wanted to see, but it was in my neighborhood, I'd probably wait until it got closer for ticket drops and fans reselling extra tickets.  But if I was traveling to see the show as in booking a flight or train and booking a hotel, I'd probably buy ahead of time just for peace of mind.  I'd hate to buy a nonrefundable plane ticket and then find out I couldn't get a ticket, or find that the tickets jumped in price and feel like I had no choice but to pay because I was already stuck with a flight and hotel.

• Subscriber

Always ask here first to see if anyone is selling face value in the Chicago thread. If you have no luck and the venue is close definitely wait and try for a ticket late on.

It will be worth checking how other venues prior to Chicago to see how those tickets sell.

If travelling I'd sort it early.

• Subscriber

Within the last week I just purchased some tickets for Phoenix 2 on StubHub. 2 lower bowl seats on the "E" side of the arena. 70+ each with fees. Not bad considering I paid 60+ for the nosebleeds seats on the opposite end of the arena for Phoenix 1 when they went on sale. No problems at all with the order. And StubHub's Fan Protection keeps me covered if the seller wasn't true to his word and gave me duplicate tix or what have you.

Great experience with them this time around.

Edited by dghickey
  • Subscriber

I am thinking of going to San Jose may 18, I have no ticket for that day but in reading the different forms it's been said that ga tickets may b on hand? Does anyone have an idea of what I could do to possibly get a ticket there. I would appreciate anyones ideas of what u would do.

Thanks!

Edited by taraduckworth
  • Subscriber

I am thinking of going to San Jose may 18, I have no ticket for that day but in reading the different forms it's been said that ga tickets may b on hand? Does anyone have an idea of what I could do to possibly get a ticket there. I would appreciate anyones ideas of what u would do.

Thanks!

Unless you live there, I doubt I would show up thinking GAs will just be available. When extra tickets are released to shows it is usually a day or so early and online. Not sure turning up at the box office will do you any good. I'd sort them out on here through a trade in the San Jose folder, or StubHub it. Now, if you live there, sure, head down... but don't get too excited that you're seeing U2 until there's a ticket in your hand.