Have 2 LA Red Zone & Can't attend (need to travel back to Europe)

• Subscriber

Hi all

Long time U2 fan travelling from Europe. Had originally intended going to San Jose and then on to LA but due to work schedules I now need to be back home before 26th

I bought 2 Red Zone VIP tix for $700 total for LA which I would obvioulsy not like to see going to waste. I have friends elsehwere in CA who may be able to use them, and if they can't I would like to sell them on as I obvioulsy dont want to see them go to waste ,,,,,,but I'm concerned that it says on the TM website that I can't Transfer or Sell them as it states that the Sell or Transfer option is not available and that the tickets are being held at the venue's box office where photo ID and the credit card used for purchase must be presented to collect them :(

Now in the past I've been able to arrange for others to collect tix where I've given them copies of the CC & ID but I'd be concerend about doing this as I don't want people travelling all the way to the show in the event that this didn't work out.

Does anybody know if TM have agreed to allow Transfers or Sell Ons in such circumstances?

If not would they allow me to swap for Phoenix Friday show in the event I found somebody willing to swap?

ps - I also bought event insurance for some reason as I've never done that before, would such insurance kick in if I'm unable to attend?

Many thanks in anticipation :)

• Subscriber

Hi all

Long time U2 fan travelling from Europe. Had originally intended going to San Jose and then on to LA but due to work schedules I now need to be back home before 26th

I bought 2 Red Zone VIP tix for $700 total for LA which I would obvioulsy not like to see going to waste. I have friends elsehwere in CA who may be able to use them, and if they can't I would like to sell them on as I obvioulsy dont want to see them go to waste ,,,,,,but I'm concerned that it says on the TM website that I can't Transfer or Sell them as it states that the Sell or Transfer option is not available and that the tickets are being held at the venue's box office where photo ID and the credit card used for purchase must be presented to collect them :(

Now in the past I've been able to arrange for others to collect tix where I've given them copies of the CC & ID but I'd be concerend about doing this as I don't want people travelling all the way to the show in the event that this didn't work out.

Does anybody know if TM have agreed to allow Transfers or Sell Ons in such circumstances?

If not would they allow me to swap for Phoenix Friday show in the event I found somebody willing to swap?

ps - I also bought event insurance for some reason as I've never done that before, would such insurance kick in if I'm unable to attend?

Many thanks in anticipation :)

Due to you being an international fan, there may be a way out of it. I would call and ask. Without going into detail, you are no longer able to make the show. Can you transfer under this circumstance? if no...

I think insurance is the best bet. Just get a refund. Ask if the tickets go up for sale and maybe one of us can purchase them that way.

I am interested as I need tickets for the LA show. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

To sum up, I've got the compelte runaround from TM and the promoter. Tm keep telling me that the promoter has denied the request for an alternaitve pick up as i had arrnaged for a friend who lives there to go to the show as he is really keep to do so,

I know the band outsource the running of these thigns and so can claim to distance themselves from it all, but I'm so frustrated about the whole fiasco that they are close to loosing a fan of the band since I first saw them in the late 70s (yes, before that 1st single)....
working long hours and living in Europe I don't have time to keep phoning or mailing the US about this so I think I'm just going to say feck them, go to the one show in the US that I can make it to as I'll be there anyway and then get rid of the tix I have for the European shows (at least they are hard copy and my sister will take them before anybody asks!).

Goodbye u2 to glorious 35+ years, and 90+ shows, it was nice while it lasted
Mr Frustration

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

it looks like Ticktmaster will let you sell them - there is a sell button available on my RZ tickets -  coordinate it so that your freind is online and tries to grab them once they go up in circulation again.  Worth a try.

Hope you enjoyed the SJ show.

• Subscriber

This is one of the reasons why tickets should be transferable, etc. It seems nowadays it is an assumption that everyone will scalp a ticket, so they put these new policies in place, but scalping is generally a small percentage of the people. There will always be circumstances when a person can't go, so they should be able to resell, giveaway, etc their tickets. They bought them, they should have a right to do with them as they please. Most people know the days of flipping tickets really aren't like they used to be. Whenever a concert sells out, or a sporting event, etc, the best thing to do is simply wait a few days before, as there are always tickets being sold for close to face value or even under. U2 is no exception to this, during the Vertigo tour, the day before the show, $160 tickets were being sold for under $100 by fans who couldn't go. I certainly hope you get some resolution so that someone out there can use them or purchase them from you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

abpop - were you able to work out a solution?

I don't think this whole idea of tying tickets to a credit card is ideal. AT ALL.

Just my 2 cents worth...

I was holding on to my credit card like a precious treasure until I got to the Phoenix shows.