• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

I have GA tickets for Chicago and I'm really excited!  Thank you for this guide. 

I'm a little concerned thought since my tickets don't show up in my ticketmaster order history.  Is this the same for everyone? 

• Subscriber

I have GA tickets for Chicago and I'm really excited!  Thank you for this guide. 

I'm a little concerned thought since my tickets don't show up in my ticketmaster order history.  Is this the same for everyone? 

I had that happen to me, also. I thought my order got erased by a computer glitch. I was able to get tickets anyways 15 minutes later. When I got my credit card statement, there was an extra charge.  I called Ticketmaster to see what was going on since my order history only show 1 pair of tickets, but got charged for 2 pairs. The Ticketmaster operator said to me that my first order did go through and apologized for the glitch. He offered to cancel my first order, but I decided to keep both orders.

My advice is to call Ticketmaster. If your credit card got charged, you should be good to go. But I would get the confirmation number for your order over the phone AND in an email from them, and take it with you to the venue.

Hope that helps.

You can private message me if you have any other questions.

Jason

im always conflicted about the acceptance of leaving the GA to go attempt to meet the band, and then coming back in your same spot. If you're in line youre in line. Unless to go use bathroom, get food, parking meter, etc... but to go hunt band down, seems like double dipping.

• Subscriber

Thanks for posting Joe, I'm doing London and have never done an indoor queue before, any advice on how this might differ from outdoor?

I think the doors open at 9am, so planning to be outside early hours, do you think it will just be a case of moving the established queue?

Moving an established queue has happened for stadium shows (i.e. Chicago, Anaheim, Montreal).  So I see it as no different with arenas.  It will be important to have open channels of communication with the arena staff and security of which are the entrances and when they'll open up.

I'll be at the last 4 shows in London and have read that they let you line up inside the O2 center - so we'll be sheltered and confortable.  Looking forward to it!

• Subscriber

im always conflicted about the acceptance of leaving the GA to go attempt to meet the band, and then coming back in your same spot. If you're in line youre in line. Unless to go use bathroom, get food, parking meter, etc... but to go hunt band down, seems like double dipping.

I agree - it's like trying to have your cake and eat it too.  In my experience, it's always best to get to know the people around you, because it would be them that you would be upsetting if you left for a long time to try to meet the band.  Luckily in places like NY, the queue is right beside where U2 enters, so it's easier to see them there.

• Subscriber

I had that happen to me, also. I thought my order got erased by a computer glitch. I was able to get tickets anyways 15 minutes later. When I got my credit card statement, there was an extra charge.  I called Ticketmaster to see what was going on since my order history only show 1 pair of tickets, but got charged for 2 pairs. The Ticketmaster operator said to me that my first order did go through and apologized for the glitch. He offered to cancel my first order, but I decided to keep both orders.

My advice is to call Ticketmaster. If your credit card got charged, you should be good to go. But I would get the confirmation number for your order over the phone AND in an email from them, and take it with you to the venue.

Hope that helps.

Jason

Yeah, you should definitely check this out further w/TM, etc.  Normally, GA orders definitely DO show in your TM order history--so something's off.

• Subscriber

Hope that helps.

Jason

Yeah, you should definitely check this out further w/TM, etc.  Normally, GA orders definitely DO show in your TM order history--so something's off.

My SSE Hydro tickets don't show up on TM, so i called and everything is fine. Just make sure you print out your confirmation email to take with you. 

• Subscriber

Good info Joe, may see you in London mate  :)

I'll be in London for 6 shows so be interesting to see how GA goes there, I've also heard you get let in early. I'd imagine there won't be as many entrances to the arena's unlike some stadium venues, Paris was a nightmare in 2010, it was crush central at our gate (one of many) and we were lucky to get in the pit even though we started queuing at 8am.

Put me off queuing although arenas should be different. I actually don't see the point of queuing to early as there seems to be no pit and there's quite an array of decent spots from front I stage, down the walk and the B stage or e as it will be. I'll will queue early for the first few shows but after may not depending on how it goes. 

Edited by utwothefly