• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

The last time the band played the Garden in Boston, they had the numbered wristband system for GA, as outlined above in the policy for San Jose.  

• Subscriber

Hello Joe, My name is Michelle. I have GA tickets to the LA show at The Forum on May 31st. I am really excited, but have quite a bit of anxiety. I am always on the floor if I can help it. I am very short & have to get as close as possible or I will not see anything. This time, I am coming into LA a day before. I plan to show up at the venue where I think the band might enter. I plan to hang out there until they come in or out. Since I don't have to line up yet, I can get a sense of what the queue will be like for me the following evening. I have been to a show at the Rose Bowl before & some people were really nice., but others were rude & selfish. I ended up behind a girl that had been pulled onto the stage the night before. I couldn't believe she was at the same spot again. Just my luck! It was the kindness of the people I had been standing in line with that let me move up closer to the stage. I have never met U2 & this is the only show I have tickets for this tour. I feel it's my last chance to meet them. I long to give Bono my poems about the band. I am going to laminate them in a card so I can easily hand it to him. Hopefully he will take it. That is if I see him. What places do you think they will frequent while not playing at the arena? I plan to be out in the city to make sure I don't miss them. You didn't mention if we should purchase U2 items like shirts etc. before or after the show? Reason for this is because if there is a mad rush to the railing, then there is probably no time to buy anything. Do you think because of the length of the stage, that it is more likely I can find a spot at the railing? During the Elevation Tour, I wore my U2 jacket with blinking shamrock lights all over it. I thought for sure I would glow & Bono would see me. Unfortunately, he did not. Is it best to have a plan? I am staying at the Renaissance Hotel. It's a really nice hotel. Is it possible U2 will stay there? Also, what time do you think I would need to start lining up in the GA line for this particular venue? Is it possible to show up around noon & still be next to the railing? I appreciate all your attentiveness to this issue. GA is awesome, but can be very stressful. Also, I have a U2 group on Facebook called All Because of U2. Feel free to join my group if you want. I am also working on writing a U2 fan based book. Thank you 

• Subscriber

6AM was #50 in line today which is really #25 because of the split GA.  7AM was maybe 70/35.  I don't think more than 2 dozen people camped.  Right now, zero people are in line because this arena hands out numbered wristbands to hold our spots.  Last night, the last spot on any rail was taken by a guy who wandered in at 6:45 PM and some areas were never more than 2 people deep.  I would have had only 1 or 2 people between me and the main stage had I gone down there and that was from arriving at 3:30 PM (#295).

There will be plenty of time to buy after they enter the venue.  There will be a merch tent set up outside.  Tops are $40 and up.

• Subscriber

And a question for Joe, was that you in the yellow T-Shirt on the rail by the main stage at Vancouver 1? :D

Haha. Yes, that was me!

Edited by jahorro
  • Subscriber

Hello Joe, My name is Michelle. I have GA tickets to the LA show at The Forum on May 31st. I am really excited, but have quite a bit of anxiety. I am always on the floor if I can help it. I am very short & have to get as close as possible or I will not see anything. This time, I am coming into LA a day before. I plan to show up at the venue where I think the band might enter. I plan to hang out there until they come in or out. Since I don't have to line up yet, I can get a sense of what the queue will be like for me the following evening. I have been to a show at the Rose Bowl before & some people were really nice., but others were rude & selfish. I ended up behind a girl that had been pulled onto the stage the night before. I couldn't believe she was at the same spot again. Just my luck! It was the kindness of the people I had been standing in line with that let me move up closer to the stage. I have never met U2 & this is the only show I have tickets for this tour. I feel it's my last chance to meet them. I long to give Bono my poems about the band. I am going to laminate them in a card so I can easily hand it to him. Hopefully he will take it. That is if I see him. What places do you think they will frequent while not playing at the arena? I plan to be out in the city to make sure I don't miss them. You didn't mention if we should purchase U2 items like shirts etc. before or after the show? Reason for this is because if there is a mad rush to the railing, then there is probably no time to buy anything. Do you think because of the length of the stage, that it is more likely I can find a spot at the railing? During the Elevation Tour, I wore my U2 jacket with blinking shamrock lights all over it. I thought for sure I would glow & Bono would see me. Unfortunately, he did not. Is it best to have a plan? I am staying at the Renaissance Hotel. It's a really nice hotel. Is it possible U2 will stay there? Also, what time do you think I would need to start lining up in the GA line for this particular venue? Is it possible to show up around noon & still be next to the railing? I appreciate all your attentiveness to this issue. GA is awesome, but can be very stressful. Also, I have a U2 group on Facebook called All Because of U2. Feel free to join my group if you want. I am also working on writing a U2 fan based book. Thank you

You have many questions I should add to my Guide.

From my Vancouver experience, I found there was lots of rail space. It probably fits over 250 people. Do if you get to the line the day or night before, you'll be in that too 250.

Not sure where U2 will be in LA after or before the show. Hard to say.

If The Forum is anything like Vancouver, there may be a booth set up outside. People bought merchandise the day of the show while the queue was going on. Just inform those around you that you plan to buy something and come on back.

I hope you enjoy the show! It makes me really happy that you have met great people in the GA. That's what it's all about!

• Subscriber

Joe, thanks so much for putting together such an outstanding guide!  I read it a couple weeks ago, and learned a lot from it!

I'm wondering if the video wall is visible from any part of GA at all..  Will you please comment on that?

Edited by Ms Innes