Open letter to U2 / Management - Dublin shows and wasting our codes

• Subscriber

There's always more to the story than what is speculated. What's worse? A delayed announcement or an announcement and then cancel it?

As I read these posts, I just see some fans getting upset over nothing. I live in Oklahoma. You know how many times they've come here? If you want to count a bar performance back in the late 70's early 80's and 1 360 date. I'm ok with that. I just travel to see them.

Just mark it down, it'll be ok. Let's enjoy the start of another tour!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

There's always more to the story than what is speculated. What's worse? A delayed announcement or an announcement and then cancel it?

As I read these posts, I just see some fans getting upset over nothing. I live in Oklahoma. You know how many times they've come here? If you want to count a bar performance back in the late 70's early 80's and 1 360 date. I'm ok with that. I just travel to see them.

Chad, I've always wondered whether you and Jeff are one and the same person!! :)  

• Subscriber

All I really have to say is I'm frustrated too. I've been waiting to make plans for Dublin. I'm another long-time fan who has been 20+ shows even though I'm only 40 and couldn't start until ZooTV. I finally decided to go for the Dublin shows not that I make a somewhat decent living and can afford it from Southern California. But all this is just getting annoying. I also bought five shows for LA expecting that they would be somewhat different experiences and I'm bummed they changed that apparently. Even the way the tickets went on sale was frustrating. They announced it two days before they went on sale and it was right before Christmas. Not the best way for us all to be financially prepared.

Don't get me wrong. I'm still giddy with excitement for May 26. I can't wait! But I also want to be treated with respect.

• Subscriber

You can't compare Oklahoma and Dublin in a U2 conversation. Are you for real ?

• Subscriber

Fair enough about the hacking scenario but if U2.COM decided to take the money out of my wallet for safe keeping in case I got mugged I'd expect them to tell me that too !!

To be clear, I made up a hacking thing as an example. There is no truth to that as far as I know. Don't want to add more fuel to the fire here, heh.

Chad, I've always wondered whether you and Jeff are one and the same person!! :)  

When I read Chadd's stuff, I do tend to say... well, there's someone I agree with. ;-)

• Subscriber

You can't compare Oklahoma and Dublin in a U2 conversation. Are you for real ?

yeah ya big eejit  :ph34r: