Vancouver Shows 1 & 2 #U2ieTour Live Thread

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

Checking out the merch (which is now on the shopping area of u2.com), I'm interested in the zipped hoodie, but worried about getting the right size (either M or L).  Have any men out there at the Vancouver show bought this?  My shirt size is 16 1/2 /34-35 sleeve--mainly concerned about the sleeves being long enough.  I'm 6 feet, 165 pounds--so body-wise, the M is probably fine, but I might have to get the L to have the sleeves be long enough.  Any comments from those who've bought this item would be welcome.

Also, I have to say (as some others have), that with a few exceptions (like maybe this hoodie and the flask), the merch (especially the t-shirts) for this tour is very inferior to prior tours, at least in my humble opinion.  Not much imagination or cool-looking stuff at all.  At the very least, for heaven's sake, there should be a three-symbol shirt.

Best to be safe than sorry, get the large size, you can always shrink it up a bit probably in your dryer on high heat. If you get a medium and it's too small, you can't make it bigger.

• Subscriber

Checking out the merch (which is now on the shopping area of u2.com), I'm interested in the zipped hoodie, but worried about getting the right size (either M or L).  Have any men out there at the Vancouver show bought this?  My shirt size is 16 1/2 /34-35 sleeve--mainly concerned about the sleeves being long enough.  I'm 6 feet, 165 pounds--so body-wise, the M is probably fine, but I might have to get the L to have the sleeves be long enough.  Any comments from those who've bought this item would be welcome.

Also, I have to say (as some others have), that with a few exceptions (like maybe this hoodie and the flask), the merch (especially the t-shirts) for this tour is very inferior to prior tours, at least in my humble opinion.  Not much imagination or cool-looking stuff at all.  At the very least, for heaven's sake, there should be a three-symbol shirt.

Best to be safe than sorry, get the large size, you can always shrink it up a bit probably in your dryer on high heat. If you get a medium and it's too small, you can't make it bigger.

Yeah, that's good advice--thanks.  If anyone's actually bought one of these, though, I'd still appreciate their thoughts.  The reason I say that is that in my experience, things like jackets, hoodies, etc. can be strange in their sizing.  For example, I own an Achtung Baby denim jacket and Zoo TV letter-type jacket--both "M"--that are definitely big enough for me.  On the other hand, I've got an Elevation tour hoodie that's a large, because the sleeves on an M were too short.

Edited by mike7man
  • Subscriber

Yeah, that's good advice--thanks.  If anyone's actually bought one of these, though, I'd still appreciate their thoughts.

Agree some of the shirts aren't that great looking at all.

• Subscriber

Yeah, that's good advice--thanks.  If anyone's actually bought one of these, though, I'd still appreciate their thoughts.  The reason I say that is that in my experience, things like jackets, hoodies, etc. can be strange in their sizing.  For example, I own an Achtung Baby denim jacket and Zoo TV letter-type jacket--both "M"--that are definitely big enough for me.  On the other hand, I've got an Elevation tour hoodie that's a large, because the sleeves on an M were too short.

I usually skip the clothing, I am generally bigger than the sizes they offer so that makes for an easy decision. Curious how the tour program looks though, and what that costs?