Vancouver Shows 1 & 2 #U2ieTour Live Thread

• Subscriber

I honestly think if I was in a group and experienced the response to Miracle Drug that is evident on this clip ie kinda 'dead' - I'd be gutted.

People are either non responsive or just capturing recordings. Is that 'GA' these days?

I really hope the crowd livens up a bit by July.

Fishbowl U2? at Vancouver.

At least the band look good - the crowd need to look at themselves though. Of course, none of us are getting any younger. ;)

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

I agree, crowds seemed quite flat, now I know that many fans aren't as young as they used to be, but the band were working it non stop and I've been surrounded by people who party hard into their 60s all my life, for some age will be a restriction, but mostly I think it's about atmosphere and sometimes the magic just isn't there, no magic=no energy.

I also think you're right on the recordings thing, don't get me wrong, I'm so grateful to those who streamed video for us,  but they were seating which is a bit different, the energy of the floor is absolutely crucial to everyones experience and the bands performance.

They must have been very frustrated, I saw a video on youtube once where Bono told a woman to "put down the fucking phone" on the Vertigo tour and did a whole rant about enjoying the show. I know it bothers him, so perhaps the idea of being able to link to the screen is the beginnings of an idea to "do some judo" to "fight back using the force that's attacking" them, as it seems the ITunes release was and as AB and ZooTV were back in the day. Just my observation.

As for me, I thought about it, but decided I won't be doing any recording, I might take a couple of pics if the boys come close, but I'm going to just enjoy the experience, what's the point of a video for the purposes of nostalgia if you haven't made the most of it when you're there.

I've honestly NEVER taken pics or vids at a show, because I just don't want to waste a second of 2hrs that fly by too fast

• Subscriber

Anyone notice the little dig about the ITunes release at the end of Until The End Of The World (night 1)?

A section of the audio says *No one even bothered to listen to the record, they didn't even realise how good it was"

They rewind it and play it again

• Subscriber

A massive thanks to Willie, U2 and all their people who brilliantly put this stage, floor and sound concept together. Without a doubt, these first 2 shows in Vancouver were incredible! I aways look forward to hearing how "big" or stripped down the new songs will sound. Wolves, Song for Someone were absolute treats but the simplicty and power of Every Breaking Wave was very special.

Back to the stage experience. I love the GA and the floor experience at post-347216-0-61008600-1431823794_thumb.jpgmost concerts and have done GA for U2 on the last 4 tours. I felt that this stage allowed the band to connect with the entire floor and arena. I have been in "heart", red zone and on the rail, I have never felt more closer to the band and still be able to move around the floor. The new technology for sound was sensational, so once again, my compliments to the band, Willie and all the U2 "mad scientists" who continue to push the envelope on the concert experience.

Can't wait for Montreal, Toronto, NYC and Berlin!!

• Community Manager

will be closing this thread soon, and opening up :

a ) Vancouver fan reviews thread (will make them easier to find /read/share - will start moving the review posts over to that too..)

b ) San Jose live thread

wonder if there is a GA Q yet...

• Subscriber

Concert was excellent as per usual great visual and stage show I hate my iPhone battery was charged before the concert going to take pictures..... Dead battery sucks no pictures . I go with my brother every time there in Vancouver no pictures of us either iPhone sucks Kathy Kraft

They make small portable batteries that work great, you charge them ahead of time via your computer or wall outlet and whe your phone dies, you just plug it in and it charges the phone up. They run about $20 or so.

I will be getting one of those for my upcoming shows. Can't have my battery run out  :P

• Subscriber

Concert was excellent as per usual great visual and stage show I hate my iPhone battery was charged before the concert going to take pictures..... Dead battery sucks no pictures . I go with my brother every time there in Vancouver no pictures of us either iPhone sucks Kathy Kraft

They make small portable batteries that work great, you charge them ahead of time via your computer or wall outlet and whe your phone dies, you just plug it in and it charges the phone up. They run about $20 or so.

I will be getting one of those for my upcoming shows. Can't have my battery run out  :P

I had gotten a new Duracell one but was very unhappy with it's performance, I believe there are others to choose from. Read reviews and when you find the one you like, check eBay for new factory-sealed ones, they are often times cheaper than what you can find in stores, just avoid sellers from China, etc, as sometimes they are offering knockoffs.

• Community Manager

Vancouver Reviews Thread up : Vancouver Shows 1 & 2 #U2ieTour Fan Review Thread

San Jose 1 Live Thread up : San Jose First Night 05.15.05 #U2ieTour Live Thread

And a good point to end this topic with the EPK just released for the tour, see y'all in San Jose (from behind a computer screen....)