Red Zone experiences?

• Subscriber

The more I see the lay out the less happy I am with the Red Zone. Going by this pic posted elsewhere were just stuck out at the edge as an after thought  :(  I'm sure using

ddarrochs suggestions we will get a decent view of the whole concert. Just a bit miffed I bought Red Zone for 2 nights for me and the wife now.....Is there anything special about it apart from having your own loos?  :rolleyes:

CFVOVR5UEAARhKf.jpg

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

so the RZ sections are along the front of the long stage? or are they those blocked off sections not near the stage?? Thanks!

They are the blocked off sections on the far left and right, they are an L shape so they get the front rail at the ends of the stage for about 1/3 I think?

• Subscriber

thanks!

so the RZ sections are along the front of the long stage? or are they those blocked off sections not near the stage?? Thanks!

They are the blocked off sections on the far left and right, they are an L shape so they get the front rail at the ends of the stage for about 1/3 I think?

• Subscriber

Yes, I understand why people are unhappy, as they are not recieving something as it was advertised.

But honestly, looking at the previous location of RZ, it wasn't very good at all. Yes, you would have been closer to the band when they performed on the e-stage. But this is only for a few songs. The rest of the time the band is quite far away. This is exacerbated by the fact that the views of the screen wouldn't have been very good. Worst still you would have had very poor views of the I-stage (where the band spends a large proportion of their time), as you would have had to look over the top of the GA crowd.

With this new location you can get close to the band when they perform on the I-stage, which is for a fairly large proportion of the show. Though admittedly they are not as close as if you were by the e-stage. You can also get much better views of the screen (which I feel is important for this show), & closer to the band when they perform on the catwalk.

As for the suggestion that the L's should be reversed, so that Red Zone takes up the entire length of the I-stage rails, plus a lage portion of the catwalk. Sorry, U2 don't work this way. If you want to follow an artist that rewards those with the fattest wallets with the the best spots on the floor (& pockets the profits), well maybe you should become Madge fans, or the Stones or someone. But not U2, thankfuly.

Edited by ddarroch
  • Subscriber

I hate complainers... that said, I am still going to complain. I DO NOT have a "fat wallet" as someone else suggested. However, RED is a good cause, so I dipped into my savings in hopes of having a really decent view of the band.

I'm very disappointed in the "RED Zone."

• Subscriber

I never suggested a reverse L? That would be ridiculous to expect all the prime spots minus maybe the E stage. All I said was it wasn't quite what I expected, maybe when I see it for real we will have more of the rail than it looks like in the pics? Normally Im GA every time but treating ourselves for our 25th anniversary so I'm hoping for something special...... and I know it still will be, cause it  looks like there isn't a bad position on the floor,  Im going to try the moving around tactic you were discussing earlier, or maybe stay in RZ on night one and suss it out for night 2?

Madge or the Stones...........  pffft perish the thought.  -_-

• Subscriber

I hate complainers... that said, I am still going to complain. I DO NOT have a "fat wallet" as someone else suggested. However, RED is a good cause, so I dipped into my savings in hopes of having a really decent view of the band.

I'm very disappointed in the "RED Zone."

Sorry if I offended you. I wasn't suggesting that people in RZ have "fat wallets". I know many fans, just as fanatical as myself, that have saved & saved to have an opportunity to get a RZ ticket. I've done RZ myself, & I'm a hell of a long way from rich. However RZ is still out of reach of many people.

What I was saying is there are bands that just put a financial value on their post prized seats, & ring out every single penny they can get for those seats. Artists like the Stones, that can charge an absolute fortune for a seat very close the stage. Meaning that there is no way an average person has any change of getting this close. I'm glad that U2 does not think like this.

As I said, I think the RZ location may end up being ok, if not an improvement. So I hope, in the end, you don't come away from the show feeling disappointed. I hope you have a great time :)

Edited by ddarroch
  • Subscriber

I never suggested a reverse L? That would be ridiculous to expect all the prime spots minus maybe the E stage.

I wasn't quoting you spongebob, Dublin77 made the suggestion of rotating the 'L', as did K5Jon.

Edited by ddarroch