Sign in to follow this  
ulla_j

Red Zone experiences?

I don't really understand (yet, at least) folks who are unhappy about the RZ location--it includes c. 1/3 of the front main stage rail, and the "side" portions are still pretty close to the main stage and give a nice view of the screens.  And apropos of some of ddarroch's comments, keep in mind that U2 has always kept the very best locations for regular GA.  RZs are a new invention--they didn't exist until the 360 (i.e., the last) tour.  Then, the RZs had no front (main stage) rail at all--they were on the outer rails of the ellipse catwalk (and definitely on the sides, not center).  Now, the RZs do include some main stage rail areas.  I suppose some would have preferred them to be by the e-stage, as it initially appeared, but that would have had the drawbacks ddarroch has mentioned.

Bottom line, given that U2 has always kept the best spots for regular GA (e.g., on the 360 tour), what did people expect for the RZs?  They certainly were never going to be center main stage rail.

Can anyone weigh in and guess how many people are on each side of the RZ? Definitely looks like more than 50 but would like an estimate. Thanks. I think given the layout the RZ is fine.

I'm pretty done weighing in, but thought I'd post my video I took when I was in the RED zone. Until you experience it, it will be difficult for me or anyone to convince you its a great spot, and bonus your not tied down to this spot. You can move around if you want.

This was shot Van 1, front rail, off to the right. This will give you an idea on the view. I lined up at 430pm both nights and both nights got a front rail spot.

https://youtu.be/TYFBcIsMP2c

Edited by Shannon387

Awesome, thanks for sharing your video!  So excited for RZ in Boston!

I don't know what all the complaining is about, that looks like a good area to see the show.  Sure different than the original diagrams but I actually would rather be up near the main stage.  And seems like you can move around as the show flows which is pretty cool.  Can't wait for the Boston shows!  

This will give you an idea on the view. I lined up at 430pm both nights and both nights got a front rail spot.

I think you could get this spot in GA too, by lining up at 430pm. You'd just have to line up at 430pm, the day BEFORE the show ;)

Thanks Shannon387, that looks awesome!

This will give you an idea on the view. I lined up at 430pm both nights and both nights got a front rail spot.

I think you could get this spot in GA too, by lining up at 430pm. You'd just have to line up at 430pm, the day BEFORE the show ;)

Thanks Shannon387, that looks awesome!

Yes thanks for posting that, puts my mind at rest. Hope I get a similar position................minus the wooohooos  :D

To anyone who went already, how did the line work, was it a separate line from GA?  You have to get there and then stay there right, there's no getting a wristband with a number or any of that stuff? I wonder though will it vary from venue to venue?

Sign in to follow this