Red Zone experiences?

• Subscriber

Hey Gina--

As you know, the info we've gotten seems to suggest that you'll get in w/your ebay RZ tix just fine--with the (sort of) catch that Emma says ebay/RZ folks (who don't have photocopies of the original purchaser's driver's license) will have to wait until close to showtime to enter.  So, could you post ASAP after the show (or earlier, if you can from your phone) to let us all know how things go for you?

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

Hey Gina--

As you know, the info we've gotten seems to suggest that you'll get in w/your ebay RZ tix just fine--with the (sort of) catch that Emma says ebay/RZ folks (who don't have photocopies of the original purchaser's driver's license) will have to wait until close to showtime to enter.  So, could you post ASAP after the show (or earlier, if you can from your phone) to let us all know how things go for you?

Hi Mike

Im on my way to the arena now- I actually have an assigned seat for tonights show but I plan on asking as many questions as possible to prepare for my red zone show which is on the 27th! I'm hoping to meet the infamous Emma or even get some feedback from fellow red-zoners… Its the hottest day of the year so far so I hope I don't confront cranky peeps… Ill post as son as I can!!

Gina

• Subscriber

Hey Gina--

As you know, the info we've gotten seems to suggest that you'll get in w/your ebay RZ tix just fine--with the (sort of) catch that Emma says ebay/RZ folks (who don't have photocopies of the original purchaser's driver's license) will have to wait until close to showtime to enter. So, could you post ASAP after the show (or earlier, if you can from your phone) to let us all know how things go for you?

Hi Mike

Im on my way to the arena now- I actually have an assigned seat for tonights show but I plan on asking as many questions as possible to prepare for my red zone show which is on the 27th! I'm hoping to meet the infamous Emma or even get some feedback from fellow red-zoners… Its the hottest day of the year so far so I hope I don't confront cranky peeps… Ill post as son as I can!!

Gina

Hey Gina I'm also RZ for 7/27!

• Subscriber

I was in Red Zone 2 for Boston 3 and 4. Had the greatest time at Boston 3. Lots of room to boogie. Great view of Edge. Wonderful experience. Amazing.

Boston 4 was different. More crowded. A lot of back stage guests coming in during this show. Most cared less about the music. A lot of selfie pictures and people trying to talk over the music. Left to GA during middle. Loved that. Then came back to red zone towards the last third of show. Should have stayed in GA.

Since the regular seats are $300, I feel the red zone was a spectacular deal for my first show. Learned from the second show what to do in Europe for my couple of RZ shows. Overall, very happy with RZ and happy money goes to charity!

• Subscriber

Anyone with update from 7/18 who was in Red Zone?? Please we are dying to know. I have hard tickets for Red Zone on July 26th and have no idea how they would check credit card or I.D. when they are hard copy with nobody's name or ID associated with them.

• Subscriber

It'll be good to hear from more people, but according to Emma (the main RZ guru who's actually in charge of this), people in your position WILL get in to the RZ--but will have to wait until close to showtime to enter (unless you rebought through TM itself, in which case you're on the list, just bring your own ID).  At the same time, by all means, anybody who had (non-TM) resold RZ tix for these first two shows, please tell us what happened!

• Subscriber

It'll be good to hear from more people, but according to Emma (the main RZ guru who's actually in charge of this), people in your position WILL get in to the RZ--but will have to wait until close to showtime to enter (unless you rebought through TM itself, in which case you're on the list, just bring your own ID). At the same time, by all means, anybody who had (non-TM) resold RZ tix for these first two shows, please tell us what happened!

I'm so relieved to here this!

• Subscriber

Just got home… I got to the red zone line at 4:45 and was surprised to see only about 25-30 people there. I questioned a few people in line that have been to several of the shows- Yes you will get an email from Emma basically telling you where to meet on 31st and 8th, you can't miss it. You ARE required to bring photo id to get your wrist bands… Between the 100 degree heat and THAT .. I thought I was going to be sick!

I wait till 5:30 pm when "emma" came out to greet everyone and bring them inside- again surprised and the 50 people tops at this point. I spoke with a blonde employee who worked there and was assisting and explained the situation that I have a hard ticket but Imm not the original purchaser. She said I should try to get ticket master to add my name. I explained that was not possible. She said bring whatever documents you have showing where you bought it….

At this point Emma was instructing the line of people basically stating, once ID is shown you will get your wrist band and "commemorative tickets" if you don't have ID you will get in but will not get the commemorative tickets! (no big deal in my opinion so I was happy to hear that) She stated "Thats what happens when you buy it from a reseller instead of direct where the money goes to charity" I though that was an unnecessary comment but...

Bottom line… we will get in!

Now having seen the show and where the red zone is… Id much rather be in GA by the E stage. I think the red zone was very small and cramped and maybe 10 people get good spots up front...

Oh well

Hope this helps!

• Subscriber

Hi Gina--

Thanks for the report.  One important detail, though--when emma said that folks with (non-TM) RZ tix would get in, did she say that they'd have to wait until close to showtime?  Or only (as you mention) that they wouldn't get the "commemorative" RZ ticket?  This also affects you, since if you want an RZ spot up on the main stage rail you should be early in the RZ line.

One other thing--I had RZ for Chicago, and thought it worked out quite well.  As you saw from your seats tonight, it's good to be able to see the whole screen (which is difficult up close to the main stage).  I actually think the best RZ spot is about halfway up--still close to the main stage, but able to see the screen.  Also, following some other RZers' advice, I suggest leaving the RZ around intermission and going into regular GA down by the b-stage.  You'll have a great view there, and can then simply return back down to the RZ, no sweat.  Remember, RZ can go in and out of regular GA at will.

OR...and you'll like this, I think...if you want, just go directly to the b-stage in regular GA from the get-go.