Red Zone experiences?

• Subscriber

I see where you're coming from--a reasonable perspective, I'd say.  Myself, I'm glad it's the way it is, but your suggestion would still give regular GA a lot of good stuff, so I could deal w/that as well.  What I really wouldn't want to see is RZ getting the entire front rail; that'd be going too far, in my opinion.  At the same time, if they did, and I could somehow deal w/the $$, I'd be going RZ every time I could, hands-down.  Hell, as it stands, w/RZ getting the outer front rail, I'm very psyched about my upcoming RZ show (Chicago III).  For a long time it looked as if RZ was going to be only around the b-stage.

Also, not to belabor this point, again, RZers can enter regular GA (and return to RZ) if they wish--which gives them almost as good a crack at all the other prime regular GA spots as regular GA (if, as in the 360 tour, they let RZ in shortly after beginning to let regular GA in).

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

So the big question has still yet to be answered which I think will resolve many worries here:

Can you leave the Red Zone to go into GA?

At the 360 tour you could go in and out of the red zone which gave you access to the entire stage. 

• Subscriber

LOL, Matt. It sounds like it, but hopefully by the time we get to our shows, we'll know that for positively absolutely sure from people who have done it and lived to tell the tale.

• Subscriber

I sense your sharing my frustration Laura? Many people are guessing or assuming based on past experiences that you can move in and out of RZ. HA....has anyone actually physically done this in the first two shows?

Based on what I have seen it might be actually better to post up at the E stage then go in the RZ. Seems like you get a lot closer to the band at that end. But I like to move around. You can't cage me!

Edited by mattgarcia71
  • Subscriber

So the big question has still yet to be answered which I think will resolve many worries here:

Can you leave the Red Zone to go into GA?

At the 360 tour you could go in and out of the red zone which gave you access to the entire stage. 

This has already been resolved.  Yes, you can.

• Subscriber

I sense your sharing my frustration Laura? Many people are guessing or assuming based on past experiences that you can move in and out of RZ. HA....has anyone actually physically done this in the first two shows?

Based on what I have seen it might be actually better to post up at the E stage then go in the RZ. Seems like you get a lot closer to the band at that end. But I like to move around. You can't cage me!

Don't know why you suggest that--RZ has close to 1/2 of the front main stage rail on each side--quite close, no?

• Subscriber

Yeah I don't know Mike. You're probably right. I am just hypothesizing here. Some of the pictures I saw from RZ'ers were a distance from the stage. I guess it all depends how early you get there and get set up on the rail. It just seems like the band closes the distance to the fans on the E stage. 

And in reference to my earlier question. Unless I missed it I did not read from any earlier post where someone who actually physically went to the concert in Vancouveranswered with an absolute confirmation that you had access to RZ and GA. 

Edited by mattgarcia71
  • Subscriber

Yeah, w/RZ distance, it's true that one could be a ways back unless you're on or close to the main stage rail.  Speaking of which, I'd love an actual RZer to talk about how big the rail section is (vs. the outer "L" part close to the seats).  Oh, and I could be wrong, but my sense was that a Vancouver RZer did confirm you could go into regular GA.  Here's another thing about that, though: not only was this definitely the case on the 360 tour, but also, the way the current RZs are set up is, you're on the floor, and you have to show your RZ wristband to get into the RZ area.  But...you're already on the floor, so nothing stops you from simply going wherever you want on the regular GA floor (and never entering the RZs at all).  Or, once you're in the RZ, you can leave--and nobody's monitoring where you go.  So, all told, even if we don't yet have absolute confirmation from actual Vancouver RZers, it's extremely likely that RZ can go into regular GA simply because of the logistical setup.  Simply put, the RZs are designed to keep non-RZ folks out, not RZ folks in.

• Subscriber

We had seats for Van1 and RZ1 for Van2...We were able to leave the RZ to GA and return to RZ when we wanted.  It was helpful to have seats for Van1...on RZ1 Van2 we were able to put ourselves in a good position of the e-stage prior to them doing a set of songs there...hope this helps

• Subscriber

We had seats for Van1 and RZ1 for Van2...We were able to leave the RZ to GA and return to RZ when we wanted.  It was helpful to have seats for Van1...on RZ1 Van2 we were able to put ourselves in a good position of the e-stage prior to them doing a set of songs there...hope this helps

so there it is!!

Thanks! Did anyone in GA give you a hard time when you went to e-stage? Was everyone in GA and RZ moving all over the place the whole show?