Sign in to follow this  
ulla_j

Red Zone experiences?

We were respectful of those who positioned themselves up front at the e-stage...we got pretty close...and much closer than if we would have stayed in RZ.  Not many people moved around...especially those along the rail.  We did not get to see much of the screen the first night so I wanted the flexibility to have a good, not great spot, for the main stage, to be able to see the screen/catwalk and to be able to go to the e-stage.  I was very happy with that result...

So the big question has still yet to be answered which I think will resolve many worries here:

Can you leave the Red Zone to go into GA?

At the 360 tour you could go in and out of the red zone which gave you access to the entire stage.

Yes. Anytime. And return anytime.

RZers got 2 wristbands : one red and one for the south or north GA, depending on which RZ you're in

Edited by Introligator

I personally would still be uncomfortable "taking" a spot at the rail in the GA section from someone who might have been on line outside for a day or even more.

Eh, I wouldn't go that far...especially in a stage setup with an arena-long catwalk and second stage. ;-)

So the big question has still yet to be answered which I think will resolve many worries here:

Can you leave the Red Zone to go into GA?

At the 360 tour you could go in and out of the red zone which gave you access to the entire stage.

Yes. Anytime. And return anytime.

RZers got 2 wristbands : one red and one for the south or north GA, depending on which RZ you're in

Aha! Ok, thanks. Very interesting.  Was everyone packed in like sardines in GA, or Red Zone, for that matter?

For a long time it looked as if RZ was going to be only around the b-stage.

I think that is what has some people dissapointed because when Vancouver was first announced the show floor in fact did show RZ sections on either side of the B-stage and then it changed. I think it showed that for many of the shows, but the floor plan clearly was not 100% set in stone per say. I do think a great compromise though is what I had mentioned, just surprised they didn't go with that because RZ people should be given the best spots on the floor since they reached deep in their pockets to help support the charity and should be rewarded for their kindness.

Yup, same as for the seats, layout has been flipped, so I found myself at the back of the main stage on second night instead of facing the e-stage.

Laura, GA pit was not crowded at all on the first show, I guess they could've allow 150/200 more people on each side.

Second night it appeared to be much more filled.

For Laura & others, here's the updated RZ plan for Vancouver again. So you can visualise it better.

Also, for those that want to be mobile, & see a bit of everything. From the show so far, I'd suggest;

* get there pretty early, & claim a spot on the rail of the main I-stage (rectangular).

* after about 4 songs, move down to the other end of RZ, closer to centre ice.

* at intermission (or during the first song into the second set), leave RZ into GA, & move to the other end of the arena, claiming a place by the circular e-stage.

* after EBW (yes a spoiler, but we all know it will be played), return to RZ.

post-359255-0-83330600-1431905238_thumb.jpg

Edited by ddarroch

Any other Red Zoners who went already who want to weigh in with their experiences? I think we're all pretty much looking for the same info: when did you get there, was there a lot of people in front of you already when you arrived, was it really 50 in each side like they first said, were you able to move around in the section at ease or was it packed, did everyone shift their spots around as the band went back and forth from e stage to main stage, that kinda thing.....thanks in advance!

I would love to hear from RZers on Laura's (and many others') questions as well!  This is basic info that will really help future RZers (like me!) plan their shows.

Hey Introligator and LWood--

Can you help us w/these questions as well?  (Although you've maybe already addressed some of the last part).  Oh, and one other question (see RLochner above).  What time was RZ let in, vs. regular GA?  In the 360 tour, regular GA was let in maybe 10-15 min. before RZ folks (which still allowed RZ people to get very good spots in GA if they wanted to).  And finally, any suggestions on when to get into the RZ line?  (e.g., to get on the main stage rail).

Edited by mike7man

Sign in to follow this