Red Zone experiences?

• Subscriber

For Laura & others, here's the updated RZ plan for Vancouver again. So you can visualise it better.

Also, for those that want to be mobile, & see a bit of everything. From the show so far, I'd suggest;

* get there pretty early, & claim a spot on the rail of the main I-stage (rectangular).

* after about 4 songs, move down to the other end of RZ, closer to centre ice.

* at intermission (or during the first song into the second set), leave RZ into GA, & move to the other end of the arena, claiming a place by the circular e-stage.

* after EBW (yes a spoiler, but we all know it will be played), return to RZ.

Thanks man
  • Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

move to the other end of the arena, claiming a place by the circular e-stage.

Is there that much space on the floor that the second stage isn't packed the whole time?!

As LWood says, not a rail, but fairly close. The crowd will move up towards the e-stage when the band heads that way. But if the general flow of the show doesn't change that much, & you follow the steps I outlined, you can beat the majority of the crowd to the areas the band will be performing near.

I'd heard on the grapevine that GA for Vancouver 1 was reasonably sparse, but Vancouver 2 was a bit more crowded. Don't know if this is true or not?

Edited by ddarroch
  • Subscriber

I would think those, such as yourself, who shelled out the money for Red Zone, you would be entitled to as close as possible. Sure there are sections in the front of the stage, but the rest of the section appears to be between reserved and general admission. I am surprised though they didn't make the Red Zone the entire front sections of the main stage and a portion of the catwalk, kind of like an "L" shaped on it's side. The rest of GA could have the remainder of the catwalk and B-stage. But that's just my opinion, and opinions differ greatly. Are you going just one NYC night or taking in all of the shows?

I am not surprised that they didn't make RZ the entire front section of the main stage, as that would be counter-intuitive to everything U2 has been about for the past 30 years. They have always made it possible for the cheapest seats to be some of the best (i. e. regular GA). We did RZ only once back o 360 and the only reason we shelled out that kind of money is because it was the first time we were bringing our kids, and we didn't think they would make it through the GA lineup all day, and then the show. We did all all other shows GA. The most expensive seats are not necessarily the best seats in the house, but you are paying for the convenience of not having to show up early.I lost my job in December, so there is no way we could afford either "good" seats of RZ on this tour on only my husband's income. We are just grateful that we are still managing to go to the Toronto shows because we could get GAs. After doing this for 30 years, what I have learned is.....relax and enjoy. 

• Subscriber

I would think those, such as yourself, who shelled out the money for Red Zone, you would be entitled to as close as possible. Sure there are sections in the front of the stage, but the rest of the section appears to be between reserved and general admission. I am surprised though they didn't make the Red Zone the entire front sections of the main stage and a portion of the catwalk, kind of like an "L" shaped on it's side. The rest of GA could have the remainder of the catwalk and B-stage. But that's just my opinion, and opinions differ greatly. Are you going just one NYC night or taking in all of the shows?

I am not surprised that they didn't make RZ the entire front section of the main stage, as that would be counter-intuitive to everything U2 has been about for the past 30 years. They have always made it possible for the cheapest seats to be some of the best (i. e. regular GA).

Hear, hear. Those with the fattest wallets get the best seats in the stands. Those that are prepared to put the effort in, & wait it out, get the best spots on the floor. A happy medium, not that everyone is happy about it.
  • Subscriber

Sincerly I'm disappointed about RZ location. First I've bought RZ1 thinking it was Edge's side; second when I bought it, it was near 'e' stage on the map. I must have what I've pay! Then in a preconcert photo it was near runway. So I'm so sad!

I think it would be moved for correctness of RZers. Maybe also moving 'L' with rotation, so that be in square stage and runway, not at the end GA.

I've bought these ticket to see them closer, after I've ever seen from tribunes. I've choose make beneficence also. And yes I want privileges because we have made spme privations for pay 600 euro(2 tickets). 

• Subscriber

Can anybody tell me what the U2 tour VIP gift is ? I believe these are part of the RZ package.

Having read about the RZ experience I am feeling a little cheated as to the location. However I still look forward to my RZ visits to Stockholm, Barcelona and London :)

• Subscriber

Sincerly I'm disappointed about RZ location. First I've bought RZ1 thinking it was Edge's side; second when I bought it, it was near 'e' stage on the map. I must have what I've pay! Then in a preconcert photo it was near runway. So I'm so sad!

I think it would be moved for correctness of RZers. Maybe also moving 'L' with rotation, so that be in square stage and runway, not at the end GA.

I've bought these ticket to see them closer, after I've ever seen from tribunes. I've choose make beneficence also. And yes I want privileges because we have made spme privations for pay 600 euro(2 tickets).

I think so.

I have spend 600 euros in two RZ tickets to London. I have bought it after seeing the RZ situation in the O2 map during The purchase