• Subscriber

Please do not include spoilers in your replies (thanks)

A few shows into the tour now and I imagine there are people who have been to multiple shows, so I have a quick question: Where is the best spot for those of us with GA tickets (not RedZone)? Judging from stage design alone, I'm guessing somewhere in the middle of the walkway, against the arena boards (...the better to appreciate the totality of the concert).

Looking forward to spoiler-free replies.

Thanks.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

If I was only going to one show, I'd get as far forward as I could next to the red zone barricade.  The closer you are to the runway, the less you can see of the screen and there are times where you'll miss out when you can't see it.

• Subscriber

In my opinion there is not best spot. No matter where you stand, you won't be in front of them 100% of the time even if you are on rail. The screen is a nice addition, but at the end of the day I'm not there to watch the screen I'm there to see the band and listen to the music.

• Subscriber

In my opinion there is not best spot. No matter where you stand, you won't be in front of them 100% of the time even if you are on rail. The screen is a nice addition, but at the end of the day I'm not there to watch the screen I'm there to see the band and listen to the music.

Agreed, without saying any spoilers, the band uses the full length of the stage through out the whole show..... The band is trying to involve the whole arena this tour which is a great idea, and I think they've pulled it off.

• Subscriber

My opinion is the best spot is against the red zone rails (from the GA side). You are close enough to see all the expressions on the band's face as the play/sing but far enough to enjoy the visuals. Thats just my opinion, best of both worlds.

My opinion is the best spot is against the red zone rails (from the GA side). You are close enough to see all the expressions on the band's face as the play/sing but far enough to enjoy the visuals. Thats just my opinion, best of both worlds.

I walked in at just after 8 last night.

Went right to the outer corner of the South side red zone barrier. From there I could easily see the whole show. Plus an easy view of the big screen and all of catwalk action. When they moved to the second stage it was easy to walk over and enjoy that from just a few feet away. Then when they were done an easy walk back to my original spot near the red zone.

NO reason to go in any earlier and definitely NO reason to wait in line for hours.

• Subscriber

Went right to the outer corner of the South side red zone barrier. From there I could easily see the whole show. Plus an easy view of the big screen and all of catwalk action. When they moved to the second stage it was easy to walk over and enjoy that from just a few feet away. Then when they were done an easy walk back to my original spot near the red zone.

NO reason to go in any earlier and definitely NO reason to wait in line for hours.

Hi Axlsdaddy--

Thanks for the very helpful GA tips.  What did you think of the show??  Did they play well?  I've heard bootlegs of both Vancouver shows and thought they didn't sound very good, although I think they always improve markedly as tours go on and they get into better practice.

Hi Axlsdaddy--

Thanks for the very helpful GA tips. What did you think of the show?? Did they play well? I've heard bootlegs of both Vancouver shows and thought they didn't sound very good, although I think they always improve markedly as tours go on and they get into better practice.

I've been to at least 1 show on every U2 tour since 1981. Rule of thumb is never go to the first couple of shows. Especially the big Vegas style show tours (360, PoP, etc). Takes them awhile to work out all the technical kinks.

I thought the sound was was awesome. The new sound system is great. I thought the band sounded great. I don't niggle over the little stuff.

And YES they always improve as the tours progress.