• Subscriber

Thanks for the response; I know you've been around a good while w/lots of experience seeing them over the years.  And yeah, I've avoided the early shows myself (attendance-wise) over the years, basically for the same reason.  Very glad they sounded very good last night (Phoenix #2, right?).

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

Thanks to all for taking the time to reply.

Pretty happy to read this: "NO reason to go in any earlier and definitely NO reason to wait in line for hours. "

Enjoy the shows you get to, everyone.

• Subscriber

I was at the rail on the e( or B stage) for the 1st Phoenix show and I loved being that close for those certain songs and seeing them on the smaller stage. That being said there really is not a bad spot for GA and you would not need to show up super early and wait in line all day unless you want to be directly on the rail. Those spots go first.

• Subscriber

My opinion is the best spot is against the red zone rails (from the GA side). You are close enough to see all the expressions on the band's face as the play/sing but far enough to enjoy the visuals. Thats just my opinion, best of both worlds.

I walked in at just after 8 last night.

Went right to the outer corner of the South side red zone barrier. From there I could easily see the whole show. Plus an easy view of the big screen and all of catwalk action. When they moved to the second stage it was easy to walk over and enjoy that from just a few feet away. Then when they were done an easy walk back to my original spot near the red zone.

NO reason to go in any earlier and definitely NO reason to wait in line for hours.

• Subscriber

So, you didn't have any issues getting a wristband arriving that late? I'd love to not have to stand in line all day, but I certainly have done it before! It looks like the way the stage(s) are set-up, everyone can have a great view!

• Subscriber

I was midway on the south side catwalk at the rails.  Great spot.  They were in front of me or near me a lot of the show.  Of course near the red zone is good.  We arrived at 3p got #366 wristband and got one of the last spots on the rail and didn't leave the spot really.  Seeing them that close so outweighs seeing the screen.

I'm going again Sat & Sun different seats.

I'm thinking of going tonight as tonight's show is supposed to be a different experience from last night.  Plus with the passing of Tour Manager Dennis Sheehan I think it'll be a more emotional night.

Any extra tickets out there?

Edited by michnron
  • Subscriber

Hi Michnron--

How crushed/crowded were you at your spot?  With way more "rail space" given the stage design, I'd guess that it's not as bad as in the past--but might still be significant on the rail where you were--??

• Subscriber

I agree with kerrim and axlsdaddy...

LA 1 - arrived around 6:15pm, got into the arena by 6:30, was 4 people off the rail on south side (edge's side) where the catwalk meets the e stage. fantastic views of the band and far enough back to see the screen when necessary.

LA 2 - arrived around 7:15, got into the arena by 7:25, was 4 people off the rail on north side (adam's side) at the end of the e stage. again, amazing views of the band and then was far enough back to see the screen. walked up towards the i stage in time for COBL, stayed there the rest of the show and was still only about 10 people off the rail.

the arenas seem to be big enough and they're handling the amount of GA sales well enough that it's not packed, everyone has space to move around and you only need to get there super early if you want a rail spot or if it's a weekend (it may have helped that LA 1 & 2 were week nights).

have tickets to LA 4, hoping to snag some GAs for LA 3 & 5...

Edited by Sionainne
  • Subscriber

I agree with kerrim and axlsdaddy...

LA 1 - arrived around 6:15pm, got into the arena by 6:30, was 4 people off the rail on south side (edge's side) where the catwalk meets the e stage. fantastic views of the band and far enough back to see the screen when necessary.

LA 2 - arrived around 7:15, got into the arena by 7:25, was 4 people off the rail on north side (adam's side) at the end of the e stage. again, amazing views of the band and then was far enough back to see the screen. walked up towards the i stage in time for COBL, stayed there the rest of the show and was still only about 10 people off the rail.

the arenas seem to be big enough and they're handling the amount of GA sales well enough that it's not packed, everyone has space to move around and you only need to get there super early if you want a rail spot or if it's a weekend (it may have helped that LA 1 & 2 were week nights).

have tickets to LA 4, hoping to snag some GAs for LA 3 & 5...

Amazing information! I'm hoping for mid runway maybe 3 rows off rail so I can see both stages equally plus the screen seeing how boston night 1 might be my only time of tour seeing them. Thanks for the info!! Excited to see them and hopefully will be going night 2 also.