Thoughts on RED Zone setup

bossy22

I was at the first show of the tour ,I will state in advance I am not a big fan of the band ,my wife is the superfan  I did what all good hubbies do and supported her in her quest to see her band.

I thought since we came in from Winnipeg why not do it right ,get the RED Zone ticket's and make it a great evening .Well that never transpired ,the RED Zone  outside of say 20 spots was so far removed from the closeness of the stage ,in fact as you went further down the RED ZONE you got further away from the stage Outside of supporting a great cause  you would expect to have a much better vantage point than GA ,but that was not the case ,I felt robbed because I could have bought GA ,someone really screwed this one up , my wife thought I was being picky because I am not a superfan,but I had a chance to talk to a number of people in my area and also in the bar after the show and they also felt the same way.For a band of the people u really screwed a lot of people here ,like paying nearly $400 a ticket was no big deal,i hope you get this right before this tour ends. This did not take away from a impressive performance we saw on both nights ,but I still feel like I got robbed on the whole concept of the RED ZONE   

Thanks Alan Shah

• Subscriber

I don't think so.  For example, the LA map is unchanged from before (and which erroneously suggested that the RZs would be by the b-stage).  What you experienced in Vancouver is, by all accounts, the RZ setup going forward.  And sorry you were disappointed, but given the band's history (including the RZ location on the 360 tour, the only other tour to include RZ), the current location makes a lot of sense. 

• Subscriber

The other maps aren't accurate.  They want frenzied people near center front which they're more likely to get from GA youth.  Bono splashed water into Adam's red zone early on last night to get them going.  But then he also did Monday night off the b-stage at regular GA'ers, doing his imitation of a park fountain to boot.

• Subscriber

So still haven't gotten an answer and maybe you can shed some light? How many people would you estimate are in each RZ section? If there were 20 who had prime location, we were told there were 50 per side. Seems it would be more by the layout, but no one has given an updated figure. Please let me know if you get a chance. Thanks.

• Subscriber

So still haven't gotten an answer and maybe you can shed some light? How many people would you estimate are in each RZ section? If there were 20 who had prime location, we were told there were 50 per side. Seems it would be more by the layout, but no one has given an updated figure. Please let me know if you get a chance. Thanks.

The outdated show floor plans were showing Red Zone as having 50 people in each RZ section. After they changed the show floor and RZ sections, I believe it was reported that there were 800 people in each GA section and 100 people in each RZ secton (two GA sections and two RZ sections total). The RZ sections are the front of the stage from between where between where Bono and Adam are to the right side and between where Bono and Edge are to the left side. The RZ sections then shoot downward on the outer edge between reserved and GA people. Think of it as an upside down capital letter "L". The inner floor sections are GA and the catwalk as well as B-stage.

Edited by K5Jon