What time does the show end?

• Subscriber

Hey guys!

I am getting picked up at the venue and was wondering if any fans who have seen the show already could tell me around what time the show ended.

I'd research it myself but I wanna void spoilers. :)

Thanks!!!

• Subscriber

I think axlsdaddy has it nailed.  Also, although it's irrelevent this tour due to U2 starting earlier than usual, actually, in my experience, US arenas do not typically have an 11:00 PM curfew.  I remember on the Vertigo tour, where I saw many shows, U2 would start c. 9:00-9:15 (they had opening acts then), and not be done until 11:15 - 11:30.

• Subscriber

in my experience, US arenas do not typically have an 11:00 PM curfew.  I remember on the Vertigo tour, where I saw many shows, U2 would start c. 9:00-9:15 (they had opening acts then), and not be done until 11:15 - 11:30.

Curfew doesn't mean they have to stop playing, but that it costs them more if they are playing after 11 p.m., since all of the venue staff are contracted to be there through 11 p.m. So, you start paying everyone overtime at that point, based on whatever it says it costs in the contract. Some bands do build a later time into their contract, but I think that includes the overtime already.

• Subscriber

Seems like so far shows have been running about 2 hours 15 minutes total on average. When they start the show is really up in the air, most say "show starts at 7:30pm" but nearly every show on the tour has been starting between 8:15 and 8:45pm.