need help!

Guest ja perez711

Guest ja perez711

What do i do to subscribe? Do i need to make a new login name? And is there something wrong here, because when i click message board everything turns black andred and i was able to post a comment on the subscribers only thread, I'm using a free membership. I just want to be ready and be subscribed before the U.S.pre-sales start. ,thanks

I think it is not supposed to work this way. Go to the TOUR Tab (top left, grey) and see if you have a presale code listed in large red numbers at the topleft-ish. You may be very very lucky, but typically one has to buy the membership to get this.

I clicked tour and there is no pre-sale code, and when i click profile it signs me out and ask me to sign in. any suggestions?

Should i just make another account?

• Subscriber

If you haven't paid then there shouldn't be a presale code when you click on the tour page. If you want the code you will have to pay the subsciptionfee. Not sure how you accessed the subsciber forum, sounds a bit strange.

How soon before the presale did you get your email stating which group you're in?

I'm assuming I'm in the BOOTS group as I joined up when the dates were announced, but have had no verification of this.

Don't want to run the risk of trying it out in an earlier presale and then losing the unique code.

Any one know ?????

My advice is this - DON'T SUBSCRIBE. I may sound mad but hear me out!

It will cost $50 and will not improve your chances of getting the tickets you want.

They only release 10% of the tickets to the pre-sale, so by the time you get to buy tickets, the majority of General Admission tickets will have been snappedup by the "horizon" and "breathe" groups.

The other 90% of tickets go on general sale Friday (for UK shows) - giving you a far better chance if you're at your PC at 9am.

Also, you'll have an extra $50 towards your ticket.

Yep, I feel conned :-(

• Community Manager

Please read ALL - (from here)

http://community.u2.com/topic/1564

IF YOU WERE A PAID SUBSCRIBER AS OF 3/08/09 YOU WILL BE IN EITHER DAY 1 OR DAY 2OF THE PRESALE. If you joined on 3/09/09 or after you will be on DAY 2 afternoon of the presale.

2)The Presale schedule is as follows:

Horizon Group - Day 1, Tuesday 10AM (local venue time)

Breathe Group - Day 2, Wednesday 10AM (local venue time)

Boots Group - Day 2, Wednesday 3PM (local venue time)

Presale for all groups ends on Day 3, Thursday 12noon (local venue time)

Also, there is NO cut-off date for access to the pre-sale. If you open a paid account on U2.comyou will get a presale code. However, depending on your seniority, is when you will be able to buy your pre-sale tickets. So, the most senior members get firstcrack, which means best choice (SEE ABOVE). If you let your account lapse for any reason (lost wallet, alien abduction, forgot to renew, tornado hithouse,etc...) and you just renewed, joined or upgraded your account, you do get a presale, but it is on the third day.

If your pre-sale code starts with (see below), SENIORITY IS AS FOLLOWS:

U2A = HORIZON

U2B=BREATHE

U2C=BOOTS

IF YOU HAVE NOT GOTTEN THE EMAIL, DON'T WORRY. WE SEND THEM OUT IN BATCHES OR WE WOULD CRASH THESYSTEM. ALSO, THE CODES ARE BEING LOADED INTO THE SYSTEM, SO PLEASE GIVE US A DAY TO GET IT DONE. IT WILL BE THERE.

PRE-SALE CODES and LINKS TO THE TOUR PRE-SALES WILL BE EMAILED AND POSTED ON THE SITE, SO YOU ARE COVERED. SO IF YOUDO NOT GET THE EMAIL FOR SOME UNKNOWN REASON WITHIN THE NEXT 24RHS, YOU CAN LOG IN TO THE SITE, GO TO THE TOUR PAGE AND SEE YOUR PRE-SALE CODE AND LINKS TO THEPRE-SALES.

CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER!!!!!!