IMPORTANT! Stage layout is reversed!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

Has anyone else had luck arguing this with venue or ticketmaster for better seats? In 222, my cousin is flying out with us for his only show and is super bummed he is behind the stage.

I've been arguing with TM and The Forum for at least 10 days and they told me that the can't do anything because there are no more tickets available with that price range. I am really mad with TM, The Forum and Live Nation about this.

• Subscriber

So last night I talked to Guest Services about this and there could do nothing about it. They argued that the stage setup never changed, only the redzone areas changed sides, but the stage diagram never changed. The Forum staff said that the diagram was provided by LiveNation/Ticketmaster and they couldn't do anything about it. There was a group of about 8-10 people waiting in line for the same reason "the switch" of the stage. Perhaps this is an issue to bring up to LiveNation/Ticketmaster, not The Forum. Things in line were getting pretty heated that extra security guards had to be called to calm people in line. This is very unfortunate for all parties. 

• Community Manager

So last night I talked to Guest Services about this and there could do nothing about it. They argued that the stage setup never changed, only the redzone areas changed sides, but the stage diagram never changed. The Forum staff said that the diagram was provided by LiveNation/Ticketmaster and they couldn't do anything about it. There was a group of about 8-10 people waiting in line for the same reason "the switch" of the stage. Perhaps this is an issue to bring up to LiveNation/Ticketmaster, not The Forum. Things in line were getting pretty heated that extra security guards had to be called to calm people in line. This is very unfortunate for all parties. 

i picked up some of this on social media last night and have already forwarded that to u2comteam, so will be keeping an watch here for more info on this.

• Subscriber

i picked up some of this on social media last night and have already forwarded that to u2comteam, so will be keeping an watch here for more info on this.

Thanks all for the info and help!

• Subscriber

Won't TM / Live Nation point to the typical end stage setup diagram for The Forum and say this is why they won't do anything? I think saying buyer beware is a weak reason. I know that's no help if you don't live in LA or go to a lot of shows there.  It still sucks for those sections because no really knew anything when making a purchase back in December.

Jason

51072s.gif

Edited by POP_Muzik
  • Subscriber

They actually had a U2 specific layout showing main stage at the opposite end when we bought the tickets- so frustrating.

That is frustrating... The Phoenix venue never did, but since it was my hometown venue, I knew which sections were the best to pick from.