Sign in to follow this  
mike7man

How's the crowding factor in GA? Different from past tours?

I was wondering how that's working out this tour.  In past tours, of course, crowding could be pretty serious if you were up close.  Now, however, with so much more rail turf (main stage, b-stage, connecting catwalk) and the band moving around a lot, there are fewer "magnet areas" for folks to crowd up against, which seems to be "spreading out" GA people considerably more than in the past.  I ask in part because my wife is doing GA w/me for one show (Chicago 2), and I'm wondering how crushed we'd be (which she really doesn't like) if we were on the rail--and this could differ, of course, depending on which rail we're talking about.  Any thoughts/comments/suggestions?

I can't speak for previous tours, having never done GA before now, but it's been great. Even up against the main stage rail, there's no crowding or pushing (although I'm a bit of a jumper, so it's possible that people try not to crowd me anyway).

In the back near the B-Stage it's even better -- only 5-6 people deep at the rail! I was hesitant at first as well, but the stage design for this tour is really great. If you're close to the rail, you get the rail. If you're further back, you get the screen. Win-win!

It's so much better this tour. I have not experienced myself nor seen any pushing to get closer when a band member is near you.

Sign in to follow this