Setlist Mix-up / For The Love Of God Change Up (MERGED)

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

I think a lot of us are, although perhaps not surprised as some of their more recent comments in the run up to the tour indicated they were moving away from that idea. But having bought tix for a second night partly other basis of those comments it is frustrating.

What is even more frustrating is that the sad events that have occurred since the tour started have shown that they are able to reach into the back catalogue and bring out songs they've not played for years. So why not do that more often and mix it up for the fans? Surely they realise a large proportion of the people coming out to see them have been following them for years and have seen many of the old favourites multiple times.

Rather disappointed myself with this to be honest. Was hoping for perhaps a greater variation in the setlist especially after spending almost $650 for two tickets given all the speculation beforehand of how different the two nights would. I'm sure it will still be a great concert, but I feel it could be mixed up a great deal more then what we currently are seeing. 

• Subscriber

I think a lot of us are, although perhaps not surprised as some of their more recent comments in the run up to the tour indicated they were moving away from that idea. But having bought tix for a second night partly other basis of those comments it is frustrating.

What is even more frustrating is that the sad events that have occurred since the tour started have shown that they are able to reach into the back catalogue and bring out songs they've not played for years. So why not do that more often and mix it up for the fans? Surely they realise a large proportion of the people coming out to see them have been following them for years and have seen many of the old favourites multiple times.

this!  my dream is to hear some of the "deep tracks" every time i go to a concert...those are what i am longing for....i got to hear Bad live and was so overjoyed and i got to hear UF which i never thought i would hear live...so they are highlights for me in my life long love affair with the music and expression of U2

• Subscriber

Anyone else kind of disappointed with the rotation between the setlists so far for the tour. With all the talk before the tour of how different the two nights will be, it appears that there is not much alternation so far in songs!

Very..except I got to go to Phoenix which had a 4 song change between nights...

This has been an ongoing topic since opening night.  I've had the patience of a flea and have come to the realization that they'll continue to be safe and appease  the masses.  I also realize its early innings of this massive Tour...this thing has soooo far to go that maybe next year, when and if a new album is included, they'll change it up even more..If I can believe setlist.com...tonight's tunes show a llil more promise....Lucky bunch @ the Roxy to hear em kick it off w The Ocean and my fave 11;oclock Tick Tock....Wow, 1981 all over....Nice job

• Subscriber

Phoenix 1 had 25 songs played only because they brought up that guy to ad-lib 'In God's Country'.  The printed list showed 24.

7 songs from night 1 weren't on the night 2 list.

Phoenix 2 had 23 songs played, 5 of which weren't played on night 1.