• Subscriber

....Been listening to Achtung Baby again (after a break) for months....and Acrobat is Extremely Powerful........More powerful with each listen, if there can be such a thing....and it can !!!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

Am probably in the minority but of all U2's back catalogue that I haven't heard live 'Acrobat' isn't even in the top 20!

Completely agree. I can think of plenty of songs they haven't played in decades that I'd pick first.

I don't get the whole "they've never played it live so they must do it" thing for Acrobat. They haven't played Grace live either, if I was at a show and they busted that out I'd want a refund.

• Subscriber

M'eh, not fussed. It was ok, but have never understood the gravitas towards the song. U2 have better songs that they could resurrect. Buy hey..... :rolleyes:

• Subscriber

They should have busted out God Part II this tour.

"Glorify the past when the future dries up" would have been really fitting. :P

Nailed it !!!!

• Subscriber

Exit, Mofo, God Part II, Hawkmoon, Another Time Another Place, 4th of July, Numb, Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car. All songs I'd pick before Acrobat.

The unreleased rock version of Mofo would trump an acoustic Acrobat any day of the week.

• Subscriber

Exit, Mofo, God Part II, Hawkmoon, Another Time Another Place, 4th of July, Numb, Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car. All songs I'd pick before Acrobat.

The unreleased rock version of Mofo would trump an acoustic Acrobat any day of the week.

YEAH !!! Always plugged and electric...never acoustic, weak and boring !!!!

• Community Moderator

If I heard that live, I would die of happiness, right then, right there. I know many people know the story of me working at a movie theater when Rattle and Hum came out. We would blast the cd through the sound system before hours and there is nothing more amazing than hearing Hawkmoon in surround sound. The drums....oh the drums. Yes, the room would spin around. <3