NY Red Zone-email with specifics for day of concert?

Carsonwayne

• Subscriber

We just purchased 2 resale tickets through Ticketmaster for the Red Zone in New York.  NY is different than any other city because of not having the forced will-call for the VIP tickets.

Just curious if you received an email with info about concert day entrance, Red Zone, Etc.?  All we received was the e-ticket to be used on my phone day of concert-no other info at this time.  This is very different than in Denver where we were in the Red Zone last week.  Since we are resale, I want to make sure I'm not missing out on anything.

Thank you for any input!!!

Amy

• Subscriber

I bought a Red Zone ticket for MSG through Ticketmaster, and they have yet to send out an email with specific instructions for the day of the show.  I'm sure they will at some point, but probably a lot closer to the show itself.

• Subscriber

Yeah, I haven't gotten anything yet either. Sounds like it's usually only a few days before. But they did finally update the seating chart with the RZ location. Big help that is now, lol.

• Subscriber

I have exact same question.  I got the tickets through Vivid Seats though so I'm thinking I wouldn't get instructions, it would be the original buyer who got it from Ticketmaster?? Worried I won't get any instructions.

• 1 month later...
  • Subscriber

Anybody get anything yet?? I have hard tickets only and emailed the  mysterious Emma at MSG who actually texted me back. I asked her if I have hard tickets (and no other documentation) would I be treated as any other RZoner. She said "if you have the tickets in hand you should be fine." I then asked if I would get a wristband and where we should enter. She said I will email you the info. I gave her my email address yesterday but haven't received an email yet. :-(   So I don't know if I will get this info before Sunday, but I am still hoping!

• Subscriber

Hi Cathy, the red zone entrance has been at the corner of 31st St and 8th Avenue, there's a sign labeled that it's the Chase entrance - and the U2 people had a sign for the Red Zone that they brought outside around 5pm.

Shortly before 5:30, Emma and MSG security will come outside and briefly organize the line. You'll then pass through security and continue into the building for your wristbands. You'll wait at a lounge area next to the floor until they start letting people on the floor, which should be around 6:15-6:30.

You don't even have to be there that early, but that's when everything starts. On Sunday, I showed up at 5:15 and there were less than 20 people in front of me. By the time they split the line into north and south sides there were less than 10 people in front of me, and I easily got the red zone rail attached to the main stage just to the left of Edge.

It seems the only extra thing you get if you're the original buyer with ID is a souvenir ticket printed on lenticular paper. Otherwise if you have a hard ticket you got from somewhere else, you get in but don't get the souvenir ticket, which honestly didn't strike me as a big deal.