• Subscriber

We will soon see Bono play guitar again. I've been watching videos throughout this tour, and it seems to me that he's moving around a lot better now than he was at the start. Also, on the CBS This Morning interview, he talked about how he could not close his fingers together. I've been watching those fingers... He can close them now. Look at some videos from last night in Montreal. He might not be able to play like he did before, but I think he will play. After all, he is Bono.  :wub:

Thoughts?

Is this just wishful thinking?

• Subscriber

i think its refreshing to see them as a band without bono playing guitars. Better energy. And there are plenty of songs they can play still.

I agree 100%. Not once during the last two shows in Montreal did I think: "This would be so much better if Bono were playing guitar."

• Subscriber

Nerve injuries do take a long time to heal (my stepfather screwed up his hand when I was younger and it took a long time before he got full use back, he says it still feels weird to him but you'd never know looking at it today), but if he's moving more that's probably a good sign. I'm not expecting to see him with a guitar this year but maybe next year?

For the past few tours, the only songs played frequently that really had a regular Bono guitar presence were One and The Fly, so musically the show hasn't suffered without it in my opinion. (And in 2001 they played The Fly without Bono's guitar, so it can be be done.) They haven't done a ZooTV/PopMart style double acoustic guitar thing in ages so I wasn't even expecting that in the first place, injury or not. I don't think it's going to be a thing that they let limit their song choices; I think it'll just be a thing like the keyboards where there's a guy hidden under the stage to throw in a few notes when necessary.