Chicago Stage Setup

Zoomerang_81

• Subscriber

Who knows for certain which end the main stage will be on?  When I purchased my section 103 tickets via Ticketmaster I was right next to the main stage.  Now I've noticed pictures on the internet indicating they flipped the stage and I am now in front of the B-Stage.

This would only be Karma as the same thing happened to me in Phoenix, I had bought tickets for what was supposed to be B Stage and they flipped the stage configuration and I was instead looking down on the main stage to my delight.

• Subscriber

Stage is on the 119-115 side as that's what's being reported now on ticketmaster and stubhub.  I'm in the same boat as you, I purchased on the opposite side as that was all that was available during the member pre-sale.  Now looking at the ticket it says 'limited view', not so upset as I'm still going to the show but rather upset that 'limited view' was not mentioned when I bought the tickets.

• Subscriber

Well isn't that some $hit. Best available at time of purchase is false? How could they do that? My HARD ticket which I received in the mail does not say limited view on it, how or where did you see limited view? Or are you now behind the stage where initially you thought you were going to be looking dead on from the B Stage?

Having already been to the Phoneix show I don't expect my section 103 to have limited view.

• Subscriber

I called Ticketmaster to complain saying I wouldn't have bought the ticket knowing it was 'limited view' they offered to exchange my tickets for something in the middle but the price difference really wasn't worth it.  I would have had to pay an additional $368 for 2 tickets.  At least they offered to do something, that was nice at least.  I just can't justify paying that much for tickets.

I think the thing to keep in mind is that artists are making money from touring now rather than record sales, this is the world we live in now.  The corporate sponsors are taking the 'best seats' now where everyone else (the fans) get the left overs.

Edited by maroman

• Subscriber

Stage Flip! If you purchased tickets like I did in December thinking you are facing the stage, you'll find yourself looking at the back of the band members heads. The stage was flipped from what was posted online for ticket sales and the extra hour and $100 you might have spent looking for perfect tix was a complete waste of time and much money. If you have tix to an upcoming show be prepared to be disappointed and demand a full refund. I will be calling ticketmaster first thing in the morning for a refund. i can't believe this happened and no one proactively reached out or tried to contact ticket holders - no accountability displayed for a serious issue.

• Subscriber

Guys, there was never a "flip".  Rather, the original TM info/stage diagram was very vague, and gave no indication of which end the main stage was on.

Edited by mike7man

• Subscriber

Mike7man - You are absolutely right in that the stage was vague, but one would have thought the Red Zone would have been closest to the main stage not to mention when I was looking for tickets best available was always on the opposite end.  I can tell you everyone I've talked to at both Chicago and Phoenix were just as surprised as I was.  Regardless all shows we awesome and I didn't have the seats ruin my night.

• Subscriber

Hi--

I hear you.  It's perfectly understandable that you and others assumed the main stage would be by the RZs.  Myself, I didn't assume that, because the only previous time w/RZ tix (the 360 tour), the RZs were not up against the main stage--they were on the sides, outside the "ellipse" catwalk.  I knew that there wouldn't be a heart/ellipse on this tour, so to me, it was super-unclear where the RZs were really going to be in this tour.  Indeed, when I saw the original TM diagram, my assumption was different--it looked to me like the RZs would be by the b-stage, which made more sense than them being by the main stage (given the 360 situation, where U2 clearly did not intend RZ to have the best GA location).  Anyway, there was lots of discussion on these boards about these questions/issues for months prior to the shows actually beginning, with the ultimate consensus that the main stage would be were it is.

As far as when you were looking for tix, the better tix must have sold first.  When I searched, I got stuff closer to the main stage.

Anyway, very glad to hear you had a great time anyway.  Myself, just got back from Chicago 1 and 2, which were great; I"m heading back in two days for Chicago 3 & 4.  And don't get me wrong, I was pissed about the whole "where's the main stage" ambiguity myself for months.  What can I say, I'm obsessive about this kind of stuff--and it drove me nuts that there was so much needless uncertainty.

Edited by mike7man